Friday, May 1, 2009

A soul kiss

“I’ve been trying not to notice
But girl you shine so bright
Like a shooting star
In the darkness of the night”

I have a Ray Charles CD in the music player in my bedroom at the moment, and these words play over and over in my mind.

Men are so attracted to a woman’s look. They are so visual, so smitten by a woman’s smile, or eyes, or the way her skirt caresses her ass. They notice her shoes, her stockings, her fingers, and the way she shakes her head and the movement of her hair. Nothing escapes them. I noticed a man watching me as I walked back to the car this morning, after taking the dog for her beauty session (read: clip and wash). I loved that he looked but of course, as soon as he saw me watching him watching me, he looked away. Don’t they teach guys to hold a woman’s gaze a little longer than that? Not that I was interested, but still, guys have to know these things!

Anyway, the point is, that the internet is an amazing sky, really, when you think about it. And a girl can shine bright without even being seen. Her mind can be like a shooting star. And, a man’s mind can be like a shooting star, too. It makes me wonder. Do we put too much stock into appearance? Is it not the mind that is more alluring than the body? I don’t know the answer. But, for two people to have a discussion that lasts a lifetime, surely it is the two minds that must be attracted, too.

When a person opens their mind to another; their heart, their soul and their mind, and the other person listens, it is uplifting. It is like a delectable little piece of ‘love’. It is a “soul kiss”. Janus taught me that phrase and I love it. When he used it, it wasn’t quite like that. We’d had a tiff and were making up and he asked me to tell him what I loved about him. You don’t need to be in love to give someone a soul kiss. But, you do need to really listen to someone well enough for them to know that you are listening carefully and that you care.

Take a risk! Give someone a soul kiss and see the joy you bring, to them and to yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Vesta, I so agree with you on the mind being more alluring, and one needing a deeper level of mental attraction for a life-long meaningful relationship.

    and, I've never heard it called a "soul kiss." What a delightful term! Thanks for sharing it.

    And, I must say that I simply love your blog. You have a wonderful way with words.

    cutesy pah

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutesy pah: Yes, I really love that expression, too. I remember feeling all gooey inside when Janus said that. It was a "connecting" moment.

    Thank you so much for your kind words. I just love writing the posts, so it is lovely to know that you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete