Thursday, April 30, 2009

What do we know?

If you talk to a dominant man, they might give you the impression that they know all, or almost all, about the submissive woman. But, really, what do they know? Where’s the research? Where’s the evidence?

Do we like order? Who knows? I can tell you that *I* like order. If my mindset is not that great, it may very well be that my little world is not in order. What to do? Get my little world back in place, of course! So, off I go to do all the things I have done a thousand times before...clean up the kitchen, put on the laundry, make the bed, put away clothes...and then, as order is created, I feel ever so much better!

You either like order in your life, or you just don’t give a damn about it. That is my theory! Now, if you happen to like order, if you want your ducks to be in a row, and you are not partnered with someone who has that same order gene, it’s tough. But, spare a thought for the submissive woman married to a dominant man without the ‘order’ gene. Here is what a vanilla wife might say:

“Oh honey, I’ve asked you so many times to please not leave your towel on the bed after you shower, and I’d really appreciate it if you’d fix that dripping tap. You know, you promised to do that job months ago!”

That would not work for us, would it girls! It would be considered “rude”, “impolite”, “getting full of ourselves”, even “topping from the bottom” (for Christ’s sake!). The dom may have faults but we are meant to pretend that he does not. A dom does not leave his towel on the bed in a heap, now does he? Of course, he does not! That is, you are not meant to mention it, if he does! It’s tricky!

Now, what about patience? Are all submissive women blessed with eternal patience? Read the literature and chat forums and well, blow me down, it seems they all *do* have eternal patience. Not me! I don’t have eternal patience. Well, I almost do. I have a great deal of patience, until I reach a point when it is all used up. If I were a robot the message would be, “Warning! Warning! Patience is slow. Patience is slow. Dominant men should tread cautiously. Robot is beginning to steam. Warning! Warning!”

Janus refers to this as “blowing like a bottle rocket”. After an episode where he wrote something to me, and I “flipped” he wrote to my husband all nonchalant: “Subs have a tendency to blow like bottle rockets from time to time.” Well, it’s nice to know that I am in good company.

Am I just like all submissive women in some way? Am I peculiar to the category of ‘submissive women’? Am I just an anomaly? How will I ever know? What I *do* know is that I am Vesta: honest, reliable, hard working, hopeful and resilient. You can knock me down, but I'll just keep bobbing up. I am a submissive woman from the tips of my toes to the top of my head, but I’m feisty too. You can be both, right? Right?

4 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm feisty and submissive too. Daddy laughed because I used this very word to describe myself just this week.

    So, yes, you can be both too. Even if we're the only ones! But, I think you'll find we're not like Tigger. We are NOT the only feisty submissive women around here, particularly here in blogland.

    high five for feisty!!
    Daddy's cutesy pah

    ReplyDelete
  2. a weeble of sorts. I think like all submissive women you are a bit of an anomaly.

    hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you can be feisty and submissive at the same time, otherwise I will definitely be in trouble! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutesy pah/Aurore: It is nice to know it is not just me. The feistiness is always there simmering just below the surface. I try my best to keep it under wraps, but it can have a life of its own!

    Sir J: I think you might be onto us!

    ReplyDelete