Thursday, May 7, 2009

Virtue

I am greatly inspired and humbled by those submissive women who strive to live according to all the virtues that we associate with a submissive woman. It is no easy task to be respectful, obedient, truthful, and patient routinely. It is rather like attempting to transform a girl to be an angel on earth.

Of course, realistically, we are not going to be able to display all the virtues, all the time. Yet, it is something to strive for, is it not? I don't mean that if some person at work is trying to derail your career, that you should turn the other cheek. Hardly. A submissive woman has the right to protect herself any way she can in such situations. I hate conflict, and I suspect most submissive women do, but we have to 'get a grip' at such times, and not allow ourselves to be 'steamrolled'. Don't let people take advantage of you! That's not submissive; that's just silly!

I'd like to refer you to a post over at the blog 'Swallow'. I was quite smitten by this extensive list of topics on which to meditate. Have a look over there, and you will see what I mean. I've been on the look out for a new daily ritual which would be meaningful to me, which would aid my submission, and I think I just found it. Fifteen minutes of quiet contemplation on a topic on this list, in the midst of a busy day, sounds perfect.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for mentioning this blog! how wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutesy pah:

    Enjoy! There are so many lovely ideas there.

    ReplyDelete