Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You have how many winter jackets??!!

Depending on how well you read between the lines I write here, you might or might not know that I am rather smitten with the idea of having a 'dress code'. I just love the idea that a man is interested enough to get involved. And, I rather like the idea, too, that a wardrobe has a bit of order to it.

I already have a tendency to hang winter clothes together and summer clothes separate. I rather like all the winter skirts to hang side by side, and the summer tops to be in the one area; that sort of thing.

But, I have got a bit lazy about it all, I must confess. Life is busy and I have a tendency to grab outfits that I know will work quickly and easily, most of the time. Perfectly good and interesting items must wonder 'when is it my turn?'

Finally, I am taking the time to do something about this sorry state of affairs. I am making out an inventory of my wardrobe. At first, the task was just so daunting, but I am finally in a place where I am seeing progress. I have a list of winter skirts, and winter jackets and I am getting through the knitted items, too. It is coming together.

Now before you come down on me, you should know that I have the most ridiculous wardrobe situation in the world. My wardrobe is made of many doors and the area behind each door fits very few items in the allotted space. To make a list of winter skirts, I have had to check in all the doors. Then, to make a list of winter jackets, I have had to repeat the process all over again. Some days, it felt easier to simply climb Mount Everest and be done with it!

A few months ago, my dear Janus tried to get behind those doors. He loves dressing dolls, he tells me and he thought it was time he knew what I was buying. I said that I didn't think that was all that good of an idea. He disagreed. He thought we could do a 'Price is Right' sort of game.

I would present to my husband a new garment, one not worn yet and he would guess the price. If, in fact, I had paid more than I should have, according to his guess of what I should have paid, then he got to give me that many swats. So, if I had paid $50 too much, 50 swats. Got the idea?
Isn't he a funny guy!

Anyways...in a few short days from now, the inventory will be done. I suspect that a time of negotiation and discussion will then ensue and one of these days, I will have a dress code.

Then, it will all have been worth it! I think!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Vesta,

    This is Vivian over at The Disciplined Feminist blog.

    I wanted to email you, but didn't see an email address listed, so please forgive me for posting this to comments. Didn't know how else to reach you!

    I wanted to let you know that Variant Books is publishing the first-ever Disciplined Feminist spanking/DD book, called "How to Get the Spanking You Want: The Complete Guide to Asking for It, Getting It and Making It Better."

    This 160-page e-book is a complete guide for anyone who wants their partner to spank them. It’s particularly directed to adults interested in spanking in a committed relationship, primarily (though not exclusively) in a domestic discipline situation.

    So that as many women (and men!) have access to this information as possible, I'm reaching to other women in the community for help in spreading the information about this new resource.

    You can get more info at www.HowToGetASpanking.com.

    Apologies again for posting this to comments!

    Warmest,
    Viv
    www.TheDisciplinedFeminist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vesta,

    this comment is for a comment to an older post which i only saw today, and brought tears to my eyes.

    Master, "we loved with a love that was more than love".

    E.A Poe

    Your c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clemmi

    Thank you, as always. Can you tell me which post you were referring to?

    Love,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vesta,

    i was referring to the "the truth" post. His comment was His answer as to why i couldn't see "Revolutionary Road" with Him. The lyrics of this beautiful ballad say it all. i didn't know He had commented. i am filled with love.

    Clemmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clemmi and Master:

    I couldn't work out why you posted here and not at the other post and then I realized that somehow or other I managed to inadvertently wipe that post. I only realized just now and I can't retrace my steps.

    I will republish the post, but I won't have your Master's comment. I am so sorry for this error. He is more than welcome to post the comment again.

    There is not a doubt in my mind that your Master loves you as completely as you love him.
    I don't always understand everything you do, but that's not important. You are a class act; both of you!

    With my love,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Vivian:

    I am delighted to hear from you after having enjoyed reading so many of your posts over time.

    Thank you for letting me and my readers know about the book which is sure to be a great resource.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clemmi and Master:

    Take 2

    No! I didn't wipe it at all. I just forgot the title of the post. So, that's good! That's a relief.

    You can tell me how silly I am when I come to visit you. Okay?

    ReplyDelete