Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is there something in the water?

When you are content, you notice things; things that make you smile and the people around you.

I’m in a little bubble of happiness right now and I’m floating about just soaking life up. That is not to say that I don’t see and hear and read things that disturb me, but my equilibrium is quickly restored.

I adore a joke. A sense of humour is imperative, I believe. I have a son who remembers nearly every funny line he ever heard, and it is a joy to hear him recite them. I’m so grateful to have people in my life that can see life from an angle. It’s so interesting from that position! (Make of that what you will.)

So, why the lightness of being, you ask? Well, let me see if I can explain...

For some time there, at least a month, I was often considered a “bad girl”. I wasn’t being very obedient, and I was getting into lots of trouble. I somehow lost the desire even to want to be a “good girl”. I was just in rebellious mode, and I suspect I was a big disappointment.

Mad at my husband, at Janus, and the guy that invented D/s, I called the whole thing off. They talked to me and soothed me and listened to me, but ultimately they figured, I think, that I needed a little time in the great unknown, in the big wide world, all by myself.

Let me tell you, the meadow far from the stable, isn’t all that it is cracked up to be. ‘Freedom’ is one of those relative words. Sometimes, you should be careful what you wish for. Sometimes, you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone. You must trust me on this.

So, inch by inch, I have been working my way back towards the stable door. I have put my head in and the darkness in there is such a relief, I can’t tell you! I love being a ‘good girl’ again, doing all the things that good girls do. The praise I am receiving is heavenly and my little bubble is just so snugly warm!

Of course, there is a price back to the submissive stable. There is ALWAYS a catch! We’re free to go but returning costs. I know this. What is more, I agree. A good girl needs to accept her faults, to apologize for them, to be punished, to be forgiven and to be returned to her perch. It is as it should be. So, that is certainly sitting there in the back of my mind; waiting...waiting.

Yet, it does nothing to disrupt my contentment. I feel so wrapped up nice and tight in this submissive blanket, I don’t want to leave.

Now, I’m not fooling myself. The day may well come when my good girl status will be sorely tested and I might fall. It is possible. But, today, it seems so...distant.

I am being such a good girl! Do you think there is something in the water?

1 comment:

  1. Drink Vesta! As much as you can!

    Love, Clemmi

    ReplyDelete