Saturday, May 23, 2009

Confusion

I have just finished reading an email from one of my readers. It was a lovely insightful email and I greatly appreciate receiving it.

It seems that I have been confusing the hell out of readers. I didn't actually realize that but I think I know why that may be the case.

A blog is an opportunity to put one's thoughts out there on paper. It is also an opportunity to have a dialogue with one's readers and I'd like to take this opportunity to say to those who read here that I'd greatly appreciate your questions and challenging comments. Your support is greatly appreciated, but if you have something challenging to say, be my guest!

All my life, I have prescribed to the theory that words on paper are risky. Yes, I tell you some of the things on my mind, but I hold back, too.

If I were to say to you, as I will say now, that I am disappointed in my husband's lack of commitment to my submission, will the sky fall? Will it help us or will it destroy us? That is my dilemma. Honesty is a two-edged sword.

I appreciate my dear reader's feedback more than I can say. How often in life does one have this opportunity to receive such honest and meaningful feedback?

I am going to try harder to tell you readers, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I can only hope that such 'openness' leads to good things.

And, you be honest and open with me, too! Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment