Sunday, June 21, 2009

Waiting not so patiently

A submissive woman is a woman who is submissive. So, she is a woman (duh!) with a submissive nature. Therefore, even though she is submissive, she is still a woman, like any other woman. Women like to get things done and submissive women therefore like to get things done, too. There is no difference here.

Submissive women, being the submissive sort, tend to try to get all the things they want done themselves. Usually, this does not work out all that well, because there is more work in a household than she can usually manage on her own. Even if she lives alone, she may need a man for some things. She may, for example, not have the strength to do some tasks on her own, or she may not have the skills that a man may have, since perhaps the father taught motor mechanics to his son but not his daughter. (I know. I know. The water is getting very muddy.)

A submissive woman may not be very good at asking for help. That is entirely possible. On the other hand, the submissive woman may feel all right about asking, but find that she gets "fobbed off". So, her man may tell her that he'd be happy to do the task, or help with the task "later". He may say that he has "work to do first". She is not at all an unreasonable sort of girl, so she accepts this statement for what it is and waits patiently and quietly for the "later" to roll around.

She waits. She waits. She submissively waits some more. She mentions the task again eventually and he says that "soon" he can get to it. It should not be too much longer now.

Time goes by. Lots of time goes by. And, one day, when she least expects it, she explodes. She is done with waiting and it is time he took her seriously. Exactly when will he be available for the task, anyway?

He is a dominant man. Therefore he is a man (duh, again!) who happens to be comfortable dominating. He is aghast! His submissive has "freaked out" on him, and in such an unreasonable way! He, after all, has only been fobbing her off for eons. What can she be thinking?

He tries all the old standard techniques. She is to put her hands behind her back and listen to him in silence. She tries. She really tries but he's got her back up and whilst at this moment she is all woman, the submissive part is missing. She rejects his "dominance" outright. She wants an answer to her question and she wants it now. Just *when* will he be available?

He look into her eyes. She is dead serious. He has pushed her to her elastic limit. With threats of what will happen if she doesn't return to submissive mode fast, he retrieves the leaf blower. Maybe, he has an hour this Sunday afternoon, after all! He will dominate his landscape with his leaf blower and as she works beside him, in her mind she prepares to submissively thank him profusely for his contribution.

She makes a mental note to be particularly sweet and submissive this evening. She knows which side of her bread is buttered. There is always the possibility that the dominance of the landscape may not be quite enough dominating for one day. This thought occurs to her and, pure serendipity (!) she reaches out to him and kisses him on the lips. What a sweet, submissive girl she truly is!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice...yes a woman IS a woman after all..and her Dominant man knows that, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I hear you loud and clear!!

    Daddy has no clue what strength it takes for me to ask for help, much less to wait patiently for him to address my request for help. It's so much easier to simply complete the task myself, in my time frame and in the way I want the task completed.

    Yet, I know this manner of taking things into my own hands does not strengthen my submission, nor does it demonstrate my commitment to our relationship, in honoring and acknowledging Daddy's lead role in getting things accomplished.

    But, at the same time, I have only so much patience, and there are only so many ways I can accept his refusal to even acknowledge my request, and swallow what feels like disrespect when he puts aside my need and request to have a task completed.

    I don't think Dominants truly realize how alike we submissives and Dominants are. We are both very strong and like-minded individuals, yet, it is the submissive who chooses to allow the Dominant to take charge, and run the show.

    I know that Dominants talk of the patience they must have as they handle our emotional out-pourings; yet, I don't believe they fully realize that the emotional out-pourings come from consistently, and patiently, waiting for acknowledgment and respect we yearn to receive from our Dominants, in all aspects of our lives.

    This is a important state of mind, and issue for many submissives, although perhaps not in terms of leafblowing the yard, but life in general. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 22, 2009

    hmmm sounds like a Sunday, I hope it worked out that you got the help you needed and later the reminder of well. I'm sure he got his, ignore your submissive at your peril.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara: Yes. That is my point. She's still a woman, with her own desires to get things done.

    cutesy pah: As Ray Charles would say, "Sing it to me, baby!"

    If I am any guide, I have a strong desire to get things done. That is the dominant side of my nature. My husband will complain that I am never satiated. When one thing gets done I want the next thing done. Well, that's right! I am a "doer". The hard part for me is to maintain my sweet submissiveness when he puts it to the test by putting tasks important to me on the bottom of the list, repeatedly. Ultimately, a girl, even a submissive girl, is going to have a few words to say about that! The men will just have to wear the fact that we go a little faster than them sometimes!(fighting words!!!)

    Sir J: And you can "sing it to me, baby", too. (Did you ever think that I would say that to YOU?) It is a wise dom who pays close attention to his sub. Yes!!

    ReplyDelete