Monday, June 29, 2009

Acting genteely

As readers may note from the sidebar, where I list the blogs that I read, 'Marriage Bliss' is a blog that I follow, and have followed for some time. As a bystander, it seems to me that sometimes the readers of 'All Knowing Man' have been upset because he didn't subscribe to their way of thinking. Some people were expecting this and instead, they got that. It happens.

Personally, I don't feel right about mixing religion and relationship dynamics in together. If that works for you, great! But, when I talk about dominance and submission, I don't think religion at all. I think about people who might be happiest if they are in a power exchange relationship that is in line with their nature. I definitely don't think that power exchange relationships work for everyone. However, I do believe that a power exchange has a great deal going for it.

In my readings over at 'Marriage Bliss' considerable space has been given to the fact that a wife has the power to get what she wants without shouting, screaming, freaking out, or otherwise being nasty. In a power exchange relationship, a wife, who is cared for and deeply loved by her husband, has the opportunity to ask sweetly for that which she wants. She may not be granted her request, but if that is so, it is either because her husband is unable to grant the wish or that, at this time, he doesn't think it a wise decision to grant her wish, for whatever reason.

I do not wish to leave the impression that I have this skill nailed. There are times when my voice rises, when I nag rather than politely request, and when I don't accept the words, "No, I am sorry. We are not doing that right now." with grace. I am not a saint, an angel or in any way perfect.

However, I do see the logic and common sense in this train of thought, and I do feel that a woman has more chance of living in harmony with her man if she can nail this skill. Working on the basis that he would not deny that which his girl would want, if it is in his power to agree, or if he believes it in his girl's interest, then asking politely and accepting his decision seems fair.

In the case where his priorities are not those of his girl, and this does happen, the art of feminine persuasion is at the girl's disposal. There is more than one way to skin a cat, my friends. Let us not delude ourselves here!

You want him to want to come home to you, right? And you want his agreement on certain matters, too? Well then, be nice! Then, chances are higher that you both get your way!

4 comments:

  1. A gentle word turns away wrath. Girls would benefit no end from learning that simple fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2009

    I am not sure any girl has this perfectly nailed all the time. I am pretty sure all dominant men enjoy watching the attempts though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. C and Sir J: You are both right, I think. I'll keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..."be nice"...who would have thought? :)

    ReplyDelete