Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Comfortable in her own skin

A dominant friend recently read a scene I had written and kindly offered some feedback. The scene is in the couple's bedroom and she is naked and in a compromising position, shall we say. In that feedback, he reminded me that girls are insecure about their bodies. There is usually something that they want to hide from their dominant. I have been pondering this. What does my character want to hide from her dominant? What doesn't she like about her own body and what does he plan, if anything, to do about that?

Needless to say, the next question was, what don't I like about my body? What do I hide from my dominant? Well, my dominant knows full well that I would have adored to have longer legs. A couple of extra inches would have been lovely. As well, like most women, he knows that if I put on a little weight around my stomach, I'm not going to like the effect, and I'm going to do what I can to hide that fact from him, and the rest of the world.

I think the problems start at school, really. Perhaps there are lots of skinny girls in the class, and the less skinny girls start to notice the differences between them and the others. Maybe, a girl makes a careless remark. Maybe, she even makes a cruel remark. The die is cast.

My daughter has a gorgeous bottom, but when she was growing up she thought of it as horrible. I would tell her that boys would love her bottom, that her bottom looked wonderful in jeans and so forth; that she was lucky to have such a sexy bottom. It was not much use. I was her mother, she said, and naturally, I would say that. Her brother felt like tormenting her one day and told her that her bottom was "giggly". You can imagine how she responded to that comment! Fortunately, her boyfriend tells her how much he loves her bottom. She still asks, when we are out shopping, if the outfit she is trying on makes her bottom look fat, but I am happy to report that she has a good relationship with her body now. She is very pretty and she knows it. Does she try to hide anything from her boyfriend? I really don't know.

Before my husband and I decided to make our marriage one of a power exchange, I certainly did feel insecure about my body. My body was younger and thinner than it is now, but still I worried terribly if I put on a pound. Even when very thin, I was self-conscious at times. Certainly, if he wanted to part my cheeks, or have me totally exposed, kneeling on the bed with my ass in the air, I would be hesitant about that. There was nothing about me to dislike, and yet there I was, acting unlikable.

When we turned things around; when I finally gathered the gumption to finally ask for what I wanted, everything changed completely; almost in a day. I have the shape of a woman these days, rather than the very thin girl I was right after my first child. Yet, I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin. Don't get me wrong. The couple of extra kilos I have put on have to go, but even so, I don't hide anything from my dominant. He can do what he wants with me. He can put me in any position he chooses. There is nothing left for me to hide. I have exposed myself as I am; a slut, a sexual being, a girl who wants to be used and enjoyed.

A few weeks back now, my husband had bought some new rope. It turned out to be a very long piece and he tied me up, a bit the way Popeye used to tie up Olive Oil. It took him some time to do it and by the time he was finished, and I had been left to mature, I was deep in my own space. He took some photographs and the proof of my contentment is there in those photographs. I looked sublimely content. To my eye, I'm not sure that I looked beautiful. But, to my husband's eye, I looked ravishing. He adores those photographs and has mentioned them several times. "If only your readers could see those photos. They would understand what you are trying to say," he said to me. "In their dreams," I replied.

My point is this. A power exchange is gold. Few girls in the whole world think of themselves as without flaw. It is perhaps only her dominant who can convince her that she is truly beautiful; that he wants to explore every inch of her body; wants to behold every part of her. He wants her to be happy in her own skin. I ask you, does it get any better than that?

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 24, 2009

    I will fully comment just as soon as I stop dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vesta,

    A message i sent Master a while ago:

    i consider it a real gift that after all this time together, You, my Master and husband, can make me feel so unique. Thank You.

    Love, Clemmi (on reception duty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir J:

    Still dreaming?

    Clemmi:

    Clemmi: After many years together, that is really saying something, isn't it? Back to work now!

    ReplyDelete