Friday, June 12, 2009

One hundredth post

The time has finally arrived. I've been waiting all week to write this post.

Today is my 100th post on this blog; a little celebration of sorts. I don't think that I would ever have started a blog of my own really without support. I thought about it, from time to time, but being technologically challenged as I am, I didn't take it any further than that.

One of the good things about doms is that they when they get their dominant card they are given a bag of tricks; a sort of reward for passing the course with honours.

When Deity decided to convince me to start a blog, he didn't say, "I think you should start a blog." Rather, inch by inch he led me towards making that decision for myself. He is a patient man and it took some time for the seed to sew, but eventually it did, and he expressed his delight. I'm not sure what you call that trick, exactly.

Today is the day that I want to say a very special thank you to my readers. I don't get all that many comments, but I don't have a problem with that. You see, I have my little stat counter there on the right hand side of my page and every so often, I have a look at the map that shows me where my readers live in the world. I'm delighted to see that there are readers from all over the world.

Some of my readers come and go fairly quickly. They note, I guess, that there are no sexy pictures on my blog, and nor is the word 'sex' mentioned all that often. That's okay. I have done the same thing myself. We want what we want, when we want it.

However, I do have a core group of readers who return to these pages regularly. Obviously, I don't know you and I most likely never will. Yet, you probably know by now, that I have a vivid imagination. In my mind's eye, I can see you. I imagine you sitting at your office desk, taking a coffee break and linking over to me. Or, I see you in your apartment late at night before you go to bed, having a quick read. What is Vesta on about today, you ask. Other times, I see you in your kitchen in your country house. You've put on the dinner, and whilst you wait for it to cook, you check out a few blogs, mine included. You live in busy, noisy cities and in quiet little towns. You are all a bit kinky and you are all part of the audience to whom I speak.

I'm delighted to have you all here. Alas, I can't make you a cup of tea and offer you a shortbread. That sort of hospitality is beyond the realms of possibility. But, I do want you to be comfortable, to feel part of this little group, and to know, that each time you drop by, you are entirely welcome.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Vesta,

    Congratulations! Delighted to be a part of it all! (and now you have...another 900 posts to go!)

    Love, Clemmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 12, 2009

    Dearest Vesta

    A little bit of delicious-ness in the night. How lovely you are!

    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clemmi: Thank you, sweet girl!

    Janey: It has been too long! Write to me! It was such a lovely surprise to receive your comment. Sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 13, 2009

    Congratulations, clearly you are a far more prolific writer than I am since I am not even close. Quantity and quality it must be nice to be so talented.

    I am looking forward to the next 100, by say...what... the end of August???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir J

    That is such a nice thing to say. I might, however, need an extension on that due date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first 100. May you have many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cutesy pah: That is so kind. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on you 100th post! To the next 100!

    I often imagine my readers as well and for the record, I'm often curled up on my couch, under blanket with my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aurore:

    Thank you so much. You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete