Saturday, June 27, 2009

On the home front

As one ages, one develops theories about life. Most of them cannot be proven but the theories develop, nonetheless. I have a theory that in the vast majority of women, the instinct to create a nest is overwhelming. She may not go on to have babies in her nest, but even so, her desire to create a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing home for her herself and her mate is something over which she has little control.

In my life, I have lived in very small spaces and in large spaces. I have had next to no garden to a large garden. In all those cases, I have looked to make of it, all that I can. I don't think it does us any good to wish we had somebody else's property. I do think that we owe it to ourselves and those we live with, to make the space we own or rent, as pleasing as possible. I can't get my head around people who complain about their lot in life, but don't put in some hard work to make things better. I love watching those shows where they transform an ugly little back yard into a pleasing space to relax and entertain. To turn something from ugly to beautiful: what could be better than that?

In unions between men and women, it is the business of beautifying their space that can lead to issues, for all sorts of reasons. Perhaps, the man feels he is too busy to give his time to it. He wants to co-operate, and he agrees with the project. He really does. But, why pay someone to do what he can do? Yet, he does not have time to do it. And, there's the 'catch 22'.

A submissive woman walks a very fine line. The last thing she wants is his ire and general upset between them. Part of the reason she has accepted her submissiveness is that she so very much wants to avoid upset, and being submissive does that nicely. Yet, her submissiveness is sorely tested when it comes up against her deeply held desire to get on with projects to make her nest the aesthetically pleasing home she would want for her family.

The dominant man, as we recently discussed on the blog, is a man who looks to dominate his landscape. He is often busy at the office. Inclined to like things his way, he goes the extra mile there. This can take all his focus, and the love of his life's projects can be much further down his list of things to do. I understand that. I am a pragmatist. I see things as they are.

Yet, as we also recently discussed on the blog, a submissive woman is still a woman. Like any woman, she only has so much patience in her reserve. It is the foolish dominant man who does not accept this. She is a force in her own right; that submissive woman of which I speak here. She likes to get things done and the dominant man who tries to get in her way, can find himself with a most unsatisfied submissive, indeed. And, we don't want that, do we?

The submissive woman wants to please. To please her man is in her nature. And, that is very nice for the dominant man. It seems only fair that the dominant man should want to please his girl. Sometimes, it is best for him to have less words and more action. Sometimes, it is best for him to accept his fate, go get the ladder and get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, Vesta! Sing it Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 28, 2009

    I am very intuitive, no really let me prove it, I sense tension here

    ReplyDelete