Friday, June 12, 2009

The wind in my hair

It has been said that a power exchange relationship is not a destination, but rather, a journey. I think that must be right. We are all on the journey, and never actually reaching the destination, we have a lot to say about it. We reach a fork in the road and we discuss which path to take. Or, we reach a dead end, and we have to sit down and plan a new strategy. The day we reach the destination and we just sit down and rest, comfortable as bees in a honey pot, never to venture out again on unknown paths, is not a day many of us can envision, or perhaps even want. Even the road map is not set in stone; even maps require revision.

Having said that, lately I have felt so much further along the path. I have felt very settled and comfortable in myself, more certain than ever of a power exchange being the right fit for me. It shows, too, in my appearance. I look brighter, bouncy even, and my heart is much lighter. And, I ask myself as I sit here; why? Why is that?

There are many reasons, but the thing is that not all of them relate to my improvements; my heightened sense of submissiveness. They relate to his comfort in his role as my Dominant. He is being consistent with me. I get my spanking every morning. When he deems to tell me off ("This is just ridiculous!") he still stays fairly calm with me. If I talk back, I am told to put my hands behind my back and listen quietly. He is being controlled as well as controlling; a quiet force in my life, and I'm responding very nicely to that.

Now, he will never be a pussycat, and I'll never be the perfect submissive to hold my tongue every, single time. Yet, we are travelling along our chosen path at a pleasant and steady speed.

Of course, steady speeds don't last forever. The dominant has a tendency to want to really let the car rip, sometimes. In fact, it was only this morning that he said to me:

"You are due for a good whipping, I think. You haven't had one of those in a while and I think it would do you good."

That's not steady, is it? That's speeding!!!

Now let me think. Do I like the wind in my hair? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2009

    3 years ago for my 40th birthday L gave me a convertible Mustang I always thought it was for me. Now I will have to rethink it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir J

    Yes, think again, my lad!

    ReplyDelete