Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a difference a day makes

What a pity it is that there is no official association for people such as us, who can keep statistics and so on in relation to what we do, how we feel about it and so on! The government gives out grants for all sort of useless activities and yet they never seem to get around to some analysis of doms and subs.

I am doing my best to set the record straight. You do want me to be analytical, don't you?

Okay, good! I thought so. So, here is what I have been thinking...

It is not at all easy for a submissive woman to hold onto her upset. At the time of the explosion/implosion, at the time she shoots up to the stars like a "bottle rocket", it might seem to the poor Dom looking on, wondering what the hell just happened, that she is down for the count. He won't be doing any more BDSM activities with this lass! She is clearly not into this whole power exchange routine at all!

But, twenty-four hours later, she can barely remember what the upset was about. She remembers being distressed but she can't for the life of her, remember why!

This must be terribly confusing to the poor man, who looks on in wonderment. How can she be so light and breezy, such desirable company today, when she was a blithering, crying mess yesterday?

Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I actually don't have the answer. The simple fact is that a submissive woman, as far as I can tell, just has that happy knack of being positive a good deal of the time. After an upset, the next day, she has no interest in the blame game and instead, she is most contrite. Whoever started it, whoever said what to whom, is of no further interest to her. She has had her say and she wants to get back to where things were. She wants to get to the place where she belongs: the bottom.

It is, therefore, the easiest thing in the world for her to be contrite. She is sorry for her part in the little break in proceedings. She tells her man that she loves him. She asks, demurely, if he loves her. In fact, he does! And, life is back to normal.

Consider exhibit number one: an email exchange the morning after a fracas:

"Sir
I have your phone. It was left in my car. Thank you for a lovely morning.
Love
girl
XO"

"Thank you girl for the lovely morning also. What a difference a day makes. Perhaps you might remind yourself of that when you feel like you are about to blow/go off!
Thanks re phone.
Love Sir"

Yeah. Yeah. I skipped over the punishment thing. But, this is my blog, and you didn't want to hear about that. Or,did you?

3 comments:

  1. I can completely understand this. This is part of the reason I don't agree with the "never go to bed angry" rule. Once I've slept on something I can usually see it a bit differently and move on easier from that point.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gray: Yes, if often takes a little time to settle oneself down and see things in a different light.

    Mind you, I have great respect for the 'never go to bed angry' notion. I can't say that I have achieved that every single night. But, one Dad I know never actually made it through the night, and that plays on my mind; that the man I have loved for so long could be gone in a cloud of a smoke. We sometimes don't know what we have until it is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, This all sounds so very familiar!

    ReplyDelete