Monday, July 20, 2009

Seduce me

Several months ago, my husband and I went to the movies. It was a Friday evening and I had bought tickets for a movie at our local old-world cinema. It is the same one we've been going to now for centuries, since even as a university student, I sought out 'art house' movies, much to some friends' chagrin. He caught the train to the nearby station from the city and I met him there. He bought his 'choc top' ice cream as he always does. I said I didn't want one, as I always do, although you and I both know that I would have loved one, if it didn't have a 1,000 calories in it.

It was a silly, little movie, really. It was full of funny and light hearted moments of a boy and girl getting to know one another; going through the process of falling in love. It was tender and sweet and just right for us on that particular night.

The male character said something really funny and we turned to one another and smiled. He kissed me and I kissed him back. And, he said,

"It is like falling in love all over again, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," I said.

In the process of turning our relationship into a D/s one, we had captured again the headiness of a time many years ago.

He says that the first time he saw me I was walking across the college quadrangle with my nose in the air.

Eventually, I told him that my nose wasn't in the air because I was full of myself, but rather my nose was in the air because I was actually uncertain of myself, and that was my cover.

The first time I noticed him, he was in the bedroom of a friend at college. The next day I saw him at breakfast and I asked him if he had stayed long.

"No, when you left the party was over."

I smiled. He was cute. I tucked the thought behind my ear. And, at the end of the summer, I invited him to a Ball. The rest is history.

Do I need to continue to make myself attractive to him? Of course I do! We all need to keep doing that, day by day.

Is it difficult? Not at all! I could walk into his study right this moment and give him a sultry look, and I'd have him eating out of my hands.

He just put his head around the corner of the room where I am writing.

"You need to take a trip to the Headmaster's office!"

I smiled, although I tried not to.

The wooing, the seducing lives on.

3 comments:

  1. "The wooing, the seducing lives on."

    And how cool is that? I feel like we have a wonderful secret, and it seems you do too! Isn't it fun? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2009

    What a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara and Maryann: Thank you. Yes, I think we are doing pretty well and it is certainly a lovely secret to have!

    ReplyDelete