Sunday, July 12, 2009

Balance

I have a theory. (Oh no! It is one of her theory days, I hear you say!) I'll be brief. As women age, if they are not very careful, they fall into the custom of spending a lot of time with groups of other women. Perhaps their children are of a certain age where they don't need them any more and to fill that gap they find themselves spending more time at the club playing tennis. Or, they discover a talent for golf. Suddenly four of the seven days of the weeks are spent on the golf course as they go in search for the gold cup for best player. Or, they discover the world of bridge. Once they discover the world of bridge, you might as well forget it.

I can't really speak for the men in their lives. Do they enjoy this outcome? Does it, perhaps, allow them to go to the football with their mates? Are they just happy that their girl is content being with other girls? Well, my theory is that they are just fine about it, provided that their girl doesn't forget about them. For, the longer that women spend with women, the less inclined they seem to be to want to have some fun with their man. I think that is a shame and I think that one has to be aware of that. Eighteen holes of golf can be good for you and invigorating, too. But, nothing will put a glow on your cheeks and connect the two of you more than a good romp in the hay.

Frankly, I don't see why people can't be sexual all their lives. Recently, I watched a German movie. In the movie, there was a good amount of explicit sex between a couple in their early seventies. The woman's husband was over it, and the woman became besotted by another man who made love to her regularly. Although they were not attractive people, I found the love making endearing. Afterwards, the woman seemed to lose ten years. She became much more girlish and clearly, more happy. No matter how old I get I will still colour my hair, still looks for pretty dresses, and still want sex. And the games, such as golf can come in handy for earning strokes, I have been advised. Perfect!

Since I have boys, I listen carefully to what they have to say about women. Out of the mouth of babes come some profound thoughts. My little one said to me, as we were driving home together,

"I can't understand why girls roam around in big groups. Don't they realize that it makes it hard for boys to come up and ask them out?

And, just now, as I put my head up from my article about Sophie Dahl to ask my elder boy what he was watching on the television...

"It's called 'The View'".

"Yes, darling, I know. But, what are they talking about?"

"Nothing. They are talking about nothing. It is just some chicks clucking about nothing."

Even young boys see what they are up against!

I love a lunch with the girls, from time to time. It can be a lot of fun. But, when that's over, I return home to my man, and I'm happy to do so. Female conversation only goes so far.

It's really all about balance.

3 comments:



  1. Hahaha.

    Bright kid. He's got The View pegged perfectly!
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ☼☼☼Dante☼☼☼
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your man is very happy when you return to him. And he's probably happier that you keep yourself looking good and you still want sex. You've got a good formula for keeping your man looking forward to seeing you. Doesn't sound like you have a "headache'' when he's interested in going to the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dante: If you speak kindly of one of my children, I am putty in your hands...

    You are quite right. He is most intuitive.

    Florida Dom: I have actually spoken about the 'I have a headache' syndrome before in relation to the book 'Sex Diaries'. Whilst I suppose we all have times when we would rather sleep, or whatever, it seems so little to ask, really. What's the big deal? No, I don't make a fuss.

    ReplyDelete