Friday, March 20, 2009

I've got readers!

It has only been a few weeks now since I began to write regularly here, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. As I mentioned once before, when I began writing here, it was really for myself. I mentioned to Deity over at ‘The Lustful Quality of Watching Her Erotic Demise’ that I was only intending to write for myself, without concern for the numbers of people visiting, and he said that I was writing for all the right reasons.

However, whilst I do try to exhibit as many submissive virtues on any given day as I can possibly manage, I am not without all the usual elements of human nature. I’ve noticed that I have a little trickle of people visiting me now and the truth is that this pleases me greatly. To those who have commented, you have often made my day. The sense of being part of the community that I get from those comments is simply lovely, and each one is another little piece of evidence of a view I’ve held for a few years now – that the D/s community is full of interesting, warm souls with open arms.

I doubt that they would want me to mention them by name, but I’ve made some wonderful friends, whom I have yet to meet in person. They all live in other countries to mine. Communication with some friends is very regular, whilst with others, we may only exchange emails a couple of times a year. I think we can all agree that such friends are very, very special. Does your best friend on the ground know about your kink or your lifestyle? Would you tell the people with whom you share dinner in a restaurant, for example, about the fact that you like to whip a girl or that you enjoy nothing more than a long session over a man’s knee? Some of us may be lucky enough to have people in our lives to discuss these subjects, but I suspect most of us do not.

So, if you are reading my words, a very big welcome to you and I hope that you will return again. I don’t know how you found me exactly, for computer technicalities are not my speciality and I don’t have links and all that stuff yet. But, I will get to that soon. I think about sorting it out and I think about writing, and right now, the writing wins. I have been posting a little something most days, because I usually have something I want to say. I never stop being fascinated, and titillated, by the subject of domination and submission, and frankly, I think of us as the lucky ones. We’re connected to our primal instincts; we’re brave enough to pursue a lifestyle that works for us, and to be true enough to ourselves to do what works for us individually. We are wise too; to see that pleasures abound. Is there any more fun to be had than all tied up in rope and vulnerable, or being warned that any more cheeky comments will lead to a spanking...and then making one more cheeky comment?

Now, there is one downside to my little blog, and that is that I am almost having too much fun. I have a lot of editing to do to complete a set of stories that I, more or less, finished writing some months ago. Whilst Janus kept that process moving along nicely, pushing me to do my best, he got busy and has not mentioned the editing process more than once or twice. What’s a girl to do? No deadline? No consequence? Am I expected to come up with the motivation to complete the task all by myself? But, that’s not fair! Somewhere Janus wrote that I must be comfortable to tell him what I want. Well, I want to be told to finish my writing task! I want to be given a deadline! (I do so hope that he reads this. I've been meaning to write this want of mine in an email for weeks now.) So, thank you again for reading. Please do feel free to let me know what strategies worked for you to keep you on track with your goals whilst I go and put on a load of washing...I mean, get out those stories to edit!

6 comments:

  1. i followed the link here from a comment you left on "A Dominant Character". i always find it difficult to complete tasks without direction from MJ. i struggle regularly to be more self-managing to be a better servant to Him.

    i enjoy reading and learning how your thoughts unfold and getting a small peek into your life. Enjoy writing...i got hung up on the stats and particularly knowing how many read and didn't comment...i lost the privilege of blogging publicly and realized it didn't really matter as long as i found my voice and got some of the things that twist inside "out".

    Thank you for sharing!
    ~slave nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MJ's Slave,

    It is nice to know that it is not just me. I don't have buckets of spare time, but enough that I could do the editing or fiddle around on the computer for a morning. Guess what? I fiddled around on the computer for a morning. It is all so silly, because once I get into it, I probably won't be able to stop. But, it would help if he could just send a message, "Send me half of the editing within seven days, or you will be a very sorry girl." That would definitely work.

    I've been mulling my thoughts for some time, getting them "out" via my characters. I can't seem to fool my few readers! They assume all the story girls are me, and thus all the naughty things they do, I do. Ha! So, the blog is a chance to be (reasonably) good!

    Thank you for the compliment. That is so kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to know that there are some other voices in the night, keep writing and I for one will keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sir J

    I agree. It is indeed lovely to know that there are some other voices in the night. And, it is lovely too to know that you are reading. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just stumbled onto your blog and I will definitely be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Aurore:

    How very kind you are!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete