Monday, March 30, 2009

Words

Words can be tricky. I know what I want to say, but did the way I say it impart the right message to you?

I once heard an author speak at school. The children were studying his book in their English course and the students had various interesting and intelligent theories about his motivations and intentions. He listened carefully. He seemed impressed. Finally, he responded:

“That’s a very interesting point you made; most profound. I was not thinking it when I wrote that chapter, but I wish I had been.”

Am I able to impart to each of you, what is inside my head? Well, apparently not all the time. A certain mister somebody read my blog over the weekend. He was catching up and he read a good number of posts; posts I had already forgotten about, until he brought it up. He wanted to know this and that. He seemed concerned that I might be thinking this or that. He interpreted my examples as coming from my own life experiences. I had to go back and re-read certain posts, trying to ascertain where he had come up with certain ideas. Finally, I managed to piece together comments I had made that might have led him to think this and that.

Now, originally, I thought it might be a good idea to let certain people, close to me, know about my little blog here. It was another form of communication. Oatmeal Girl did not avail herself of that opportunity to share with her men, and now I think I know why. It is because, words are tricky, and certain mister someones think they have to fix things, even when they are not broken.

So let’s be clear. Not every example I write here, and not every theory I espouse here, relates to me and my life. Nobody needs to worry if I am worried that my breasts giggle up and down when I prance. Because, I don’t; prance, that is. Okay? And, Mr. Someone, when you do eventually read this post, your job is to laugh. It’s a joke! Okay!?

Furthermore, I am not doing anything about rectifying the behaviour in the ‘bad girl 25 things list.’ Yes. That’s right. I am disobeying you. I am not telling my instructor that I owe her 10 step ups on each leg. Do you have any idea what she would do to me? You do care about me, right?

However, if it makes you feel better, I did give away my mint this morning. Now, are you happy?

Some men!!

(P.S. A reminder: This is a joke! You can't punish jokes! Can you?)

7 comments:

  1. This is my first visit here, and what an interesting introduction.

    Where is the line between casual enjoyment and slavish, even stalkerish, adulation in an environment like this, where you may be baring sensitive truths about yourself? Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear merlin17:

    My husband was wondering if you were interested in being my stalker, and what information would suit you best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vesta,

    i cannot read your blog every day. So by the time my day and hour comes, you have already written another 10 posts.

    How could i not be proud of you?

    love,
    Clemmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Clemmi:

    Awwwww! You are so sweet!

    I am having so much fun on my blog. I suppose the day will come when I run out of things to say. But, not any time soon, I don't think.

    Don't work too hard now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose the day will come when I run out of things to say.

    All evidence thus far to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just imagine your titties going up and down when you prance. That's sufficient to make me laugh!

    --Janus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Janus,

    That you are laughing is what is important. If it is about me prancing, so be it, my dear!

    ReplyDelete