Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dominant Men

Dominant men are very interesting fellows. They tend to be very complex, and something of an enigma. They tend to not only be different men on different days, but different men from one minute to the next. Little things seem to make them happy or sad, content or explosive. They like things to go their way. They like the world to operate as if they had orchestrated it themselves. They have difficulty understanding why the world should have so many stupid people in it who don’t think as clearly as they do. They tend to want to share that view with their girl.

My man has never been short of an opinion and he shared a few of his opinions with me this morning in the car. The city had made a big mistake making the adjustments to the roads as they had. I agreed, of course. But, what was this? A soft brake pedal in my car? Had I noticed this before? I told him, no, I had not. How could you not notice it, I was asked? Well, I just adjust to my circumstances, I explained. Perhaps I had compensated for the “soft” brake pedal and not realized it. I needed to be more aware of how my car was operating, he told me. I needed to come to him when unsure of something. I assured him I would. But, still he was amazed that I could not be aware of something so blatantly wrong.

“See that,” he said, as he pumped the brake in the midst of the traffic, having the car lurch twice. “See how my foot goes down right to the floor. That’s a soft brake pedal. I’ll need to take the car in the morning, first thing. It has to be checked out right away.”

“All right. I understand,” I said.

“And you didn’t notice that before?”

“No, I can’t say that I did,” I explained.

We were close to home now. He drove into the garage.

“I’m really quite amazed that you don’t notice these things.”

Inwardly, I groaned. Outwardly, I was the model of angelic patience.

“I really did not notice the soft brake pedal. I am sorry.”

“You are not getting feisty are you, girl?”

“No darling, I’m not.”

“It would be a bad idea.”

“No, I am definitely not getting feisty.”

“I detect a little cheekiness there under the surface. I would definitely take control of that right away. I’m in no mood for a feisty girl.”

“Yes, Sir.”

I got out of the car and headed upstairs.

I knew what was up.

Yesterday, I had a caning; an overdue punishment. One of the enigmas of the dominant man is that no sooner has he punished his girl and put away his cane, he can feel intense arousal. Yet, circumstances may prevent him from being intimate with his girl at that time. This is a deeply unsatisfactory situation, both for him, and for his girl, who may become the focus of his inner turmoil.

I can see your feminine heads nodding. I can see you are following carefully. And, I want to help you. What should a girl do in such a circumstance?

As Nicole said to Tom in ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ at the end of the movie, when he tells her about his debauched evening, there is only one thing to do.

Fuck.

4 comments:

  1. I think we would called it dogged determination, quite an admirable characteristic, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you understand this dominant phenonomem very well and I am with your husband how can you not notice something wrong with your car???

    ReplyDelete
  3. David:

    I like the way dominant men explain things, too. Who would have thought that "dogged determination" would have been thought of as "an admirable characteristic"?

    (giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir J

    Thank you for the compliment.

    I suppose I *should* know about cars, but then again...isn't that why we have you guys?

    ReplyDelete