Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Girls

Being submissive is incredibly sexy; for me, anyway. The deeper into the space I go, say, by being tied up into a little ball, unable to move, and subject to the whims of my Master, the better I feel. There is no act or pretence here. It is who I am. My breathing gets slower, my eyes sort of gloss over, and I float. I have read where one Dom refers to it as “the freedom of the ropes” and he certainly got that right. Recently, my Master (aka ‘my husband) took a few photographs of me in that state, and there is visual evidence of the transformation. I hardly recognize myself. So, let me be incredibly clear: I adore submission, and it is far and away the most wonderful journey that I have ever been on.

The journey, however, can make me ‘bristle’ a bit, at times. I don’t mind the idea of being considered a “little girl” or a “good girl” or a “bad girl”. It is part of the deal, and I accept that. But, if a Dom should suggest or infer that I am not a ‘bright girl’ or that the ‘sub’ should just do what she is told, without explanation, then the ‘little girl’ status will meet my resistance.

I am a fully grown woman who has taken responsibility for raising a family. I’ve held responsible positions in the workforce and I take pride in what I have achieved. Whilst I get off on submitting to a dominant man who has the will to make me bend (figuratively and literally), I need to know that he has respect for my abilities to follow a rational argument.

Now, I know what they think. They think that submissive women tend to act like little girls sometimes, and maybe that is true, to an extent. So, I’ll go to the corner and “think about it” if I have disobeyed, or broken a rule, or whatever. And, I will accept a time out, too. Time alone to contemplate things and then write it up is not a bad outcome for me. I’ll even put my hands behind my back to demonstrate that I am being submissive, and listening. They are all the things you might ask a schoolgirl to do, and at times, the Dom might see in my eyes an emotion that scares him just a little bit. Still, I do it.

I’ll go further. I recognize that the Dom is not just getting off on making me do these things. He feels that he is containing me for my own good. He’s working with me, not against me.

Submissive women tend to be on the furthest end of the female scale, I think. We are very, very female and we tend to love deeply and want to be loved deeply. We want to feel the care and even the domination of the man. We want him to care for us and we want to care for him. At the end of the day, we want to feel intensely connected to the man/men in our lives. We are deeply connected to our primal female response. But, although I may be willing (perhaps enjoy?) to be treated like a little girl, I am not a little girl. I’m a grown woman with a grown woman’s mind.

I appreciate that the Dom is always right. Heaven forbid that I should say anything different! We don’t want the sky to fall, do we? However, let the Dom be wary of ever believing that this ‘little girl’ does not have a well educated and rational mind. That would be going one step too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment