Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Dungeon

Recently, my husband and I went away together on a little holiday. It was not one of those holidays where we planned to see everything we could see. We were quite content to not travel too much at all.

I found an apartment which was perfect for us. It was set in a trendy little street filled with lovely restaurants, and close to the best part of the city, and the harbour. It was an apartment set in an old house with thick walls. It had been renovated into a contemporary style, and I could see from the pictures on the Internet, that it was just right for us; not too big or too small; just right.

When we arrived, I was delighted to find that whilst the apartment was at the garden level, it was necessary to go down some stairs from the street to reach it, and that when I looked out the bedroom or bathroom window on one side, I could see the feet of the odd person walking by. This appealed for two reasons. Firstly, it was a bit like being in an apartment in London, and I am good at pretending. Secondly, it felt just the tiniest bit like being in a dungeon.

The walls were very thick, too and as luck would have it, we seemed to be the only people on the property, except for a dear sister of the owner who arrived one day to stay in the tiny apartment at the back. My husband has a way of getting girls to tell their story, and she’d just arrived that moment, having left her boyfriend. She was 25 and she’d been with him since she was 17. She said, now she had to learn to do things on her own. We watched for developments, and he came one night. But, she did not return to him while we were there. Once a parent, always a parent!

So, there we were in our own little dungeon. And, I discovered, that a little dungeon is perfect to get a girl into her submissive space.

We slept until we were ready to wake. Divine decadence! When we woke we reached out for each other’s bodies and made love in any number of ways. Sometimes, we drifted off to sleep again. Knowing that a little sustenance in the apartment was probably a good idea, and in fact we rarely left it before two in the afternoon, we had bought some muesli, yoghurt and fruit, and some tea. I delighted in making us our little breakfast each morning. We seemed to just fit right into our roles. I made the breakfast while he made his calls.

In seven days, there had not been one cross word, not one slight disagreement.

But, whilst he had fucked me in any number of positions, tied me up and beaten me, repeatedly throughout the week, it was not really those events that resonated so much with me that we were in a dominant- submissive relationship. Rather, it was the way we approached our little trip to the country, where we went together on a hike and a challenging hike for me.

He asked me, solicitously, if I was prepared to go through it. I assured him I was. He noted the times when I was struggling and he urged me to take a little break; to catch my breath. When we reached the lookout, the half way point, before we hiked down to the beach, he suggested we stop and sit on a big rock, overlooking the whole national park. We sat and drank water and just allowed the beauty (and the breeze) to wash over us. Then, we began the hike down. Most people call it quits at this point, and turn around, but we ventured down, he calling out something, from time to time, to give me an incentive to keep me going.

“Look, I can see water! We are nearly there.”

When we reached the beach, it was all worth it. There were maybe only two handfuls of people, and a lovely sense of peace down there. We found a big rock to lean against and quite naturally fell into our normal position; he with his back resting against the rock and me cuddled up over him, eventually almost asleep as he rubbed my arms and back and legs. It was a sense of ‘being at one’ that only comes in life every now and then.

When it was finally time to leave, he helped me up and we began our ascent. He knew it would be tough for me but he was never cross and I never complained.

“Let me take your backpack,” he said.

“No, you have one yourself. I’m fine.”

“Give it to me. You just look after yourself on these rocks. You are doing very well.”

It was a delicious, quite intoxicating sense of harmony we experienced that day.

And, that’s the nub of it for me. Sure, I crave the sex and the spankings and the thrill of a D/s encounter in the bedroom. But, I also crave the thrill of a day when we can be alone together, traversing life, totally at one. He wants to lead and when I am able to follow, and demonstrate all the submissive virtues, it really is heaven.

I can’t do that all the time. I’m simply not perfect. But, Janus tells me I should not worry. A dominant man enjoys a good excuse to whip a girl.

So, that’s okay, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment