Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I love my children vehemently and they love me back very well. Whilst Mother's Day is a commercial notion it is inevitable that on this day we mothers think about the love we give and receive from our children. A mother's love is a very fierce kind of love. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my children and whenever one of them is unwell it puts me off balance because when they hurt, I hurt.

I read an article just before written by a single mother which truly touched my heart and reminds me of something someone said to me ages ago: that we only really need one parent so long as they love us well. I encourage you to read the article and feel the same glow that I just experienced.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/fashion/modern-love-paralysis-of-the-heart.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimes

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment