Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Little girls

Naturally, I adore all my children. But, I adore them in different ways for their different qualities. I wouldn't be without my boys. Little boys give their mothers so many kisses. Snuggling into a little boy, cheek to cheek, is one of life's great pleasures.

But, I'm so terribly grateful for my little girl. I was not sure that I would ever have a little girl and when she was gathered up from me, the first words I heard were my husband's words:

"Ooooooooh! It's what you wanted. It's a little girl."

I would have loved the child completely no matter what, but to have a little girl; my dreams had come true.

I remember taking her to Bloomingdales. I was buying shoes and she was sitting up there in her pram taking it all in. She was about five months old. As I was paying for the shoes the sales woman said:

"She is just like a doll: like a china doll."

She was beautiful. And, she still is. I marvel at how beautiful she is every morning when she comes to kiss me before she leaves home at some god foresaken hour to get to work.

And tonight, I can virtually guarantee that she will have made for me the most creative of cards; the most beautiful sentiments in her words; full of thankfulness and love. She is a divine creature: beautiful on the inside and on the outside.

It does not matter how old a woman grows; part of her is still a little girl. She wants to be cuddled and kissed and loved and pampered just as if she were only a few months old.

Give your little girl a big kiss and cuddle today. Watch her light up. It's so worth the effort.

5 comments:

  1. Vesta, I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have a daughter... I'm happy with my boys but would have loved one - very nice post :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Yes, a daughter is a treasure. I feel the same. (and I LOVE my boys!) Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. they certaintly are all precious! and I'm lucky to have three girls- all vastly different and all equally wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing is when she wakes up in the morning and I say "Good morning my beautiful girl" as she's coming down the hall, and she gets this huge grin on her face, and I get huggles and kisses. :-D

    spirited

    ReplyDelete