Friday, October 28, 2011

Thank you

Some readers will be aware that recently I was unsure as to whether to continue writing here and that I made a determination to keep writing. As one reader rightly pointed out,  I would stop writing when the need to write here went away. Of course, there is no knowing about the timing of such things in advance. It happens when it happens.

Some readers may also be aware that the anniversary of my birth day is a difficult day for me. I have never really come to terms with this. I can offer no plausible explanation. I have just come to accept it as a fact.

Today is my birthday. Today, I am fifty five years old. Curiously, I have written 555 posts here. For reasons I can't fully explain, today is the day I have decided to write my last post here on Vesta.

It seems only fair to offer those readers who have read here over time and come to know me through these pages, some sort of explanation. Generally speaking, I feel that "Vesta" has said all that she should say. For a long time, I worked on the basis that I could combine Vesta and cindi into one entity: thus they are both on these pages. I was wrong. They are really two quite separate entities and the entity that needs a voice from now on is not Vesta but cindi. I am most happy and most myself when cindi  is at the forefront of my mind.

For a long time, I held onto independence of thought (Vesta) at the same time as I craved (and continue to crave) that state of grace that is cindi. I am most happy when I have a very deep connection; when I accept my nature; my place and the limitations and advantages of that place. Both my heart and my head tell me that this place of grace is most easily attained in a quiet place; that as long as I hold onto the position of hosting this site I won't reach the place that I seek.

I want you to know that I leave here in excellent shape. I have just returned from having lunch with my husband in the city. I lost count of the times he told me how beautiful I looked; how "hot" I still am; how lucky he is to have me; how happy I have made him; how much he has revelled in the places I have taken him on this journey (and whilst journeys have no end if you are a wanderer, the lucky ones do reach moments when they feel they have arrived).

I am rich in love. A loving husband, the soul mate of my life and four handsome, intelligent and loving children have made my life abundantly rich.

I don't discount either the great feelings of warmth I have felt here. I felt truly wrapped in your care a few weeks ago when you wrote in to speak with me. I had thought perhaps I no longer resonated with you.

Although he will forever be anonymous, I give huge credit to my mentor of the past few years. I don't know how he did it but he tapped into my soul, my heart and the very essence of me to truly transform my mind. Words cannot convey my gratitude. Words cannot convey how sorry I am for the times I disappointed him.

For me, submission is synonymous with connection: a connection between people that is felt in one's heart, one's soul and the deepest recesses of the mind. It is not for everyone but it is very much for me. Whilst I no longer will write here, nothing has really changed. I still believe in love. I still believe in being true to one's nature. I will still live as I was meant to live.

The blog will remain. You are welcome to read here as it pleases you, whenever it pleases you. I wish you all the very best and shall think of you fondly. Thank you for having me and for taking such good care of me. You were very kind.

With love,
Vesta
xo

16 comments:

  1. Best wishes.
    I'll miss Vesta - I quite liked her.
    But life is about change and growth and the next turn in the road.
    Go get 'em, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Vesta. I turned fifty last month, and my wife did earlier this year. There's something about that number that makes us take stock and realize that if we're going to make changes in life, we need to get on with it.

    It has been a pleasure getting to know you here. Thank you for commenting on my site, and please don't be a stranger.

    Wishing you great happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your life with us!

    May the future bring you more joy and happiness as you embark on the next adventure!

    You will be misses.

    Mindset

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Vesta.

    This is such a lovely, heart-warming post. I'll miss reading you and your insightful and thought-provoking blogs. All the best, Vesta.

    regards
    magick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!

    I'll miss you as well. But thanks so much for sharing as much as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you!
    I'll miss your insights. Thanks for leaving your blog up.

    All the best to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So are we to hear from Cindi, or is this farewell on blogging as a whole? Either way I'll miss this blog - it's probably been my favourite in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be very sad to see you stop writing here; you've always been eloquent, thought-provoking, entertaining, and sometimes just plain damned hot! Thank you for keeping us company here with your thoughts, and do keep in touch by other means.

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Vesta. I'm sorry to see you end this blog, but wish you all the best in your ongoing journey. Thanks for all the wisdom you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've learned much from Vesta! Thank you for sharing your stories, both fiction and non fiction. Please stay in touch.

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jz: Thank you. I think it was time to move on. My best wishes to you.

    Mick: Such lovely words from such a lovely man! Perhaps it was that number that gave me the final push to be able to 'let go' completely - not at all easy to do. I shall look forward to reading your entries and even if I don't leave a comment for a while, I'm with you in spirit. Keep on keeping on, Mick. You do good work.

    Mindset: Thank you so much, for all your comments and especially this very generous one.

    magick: You are very kind. All the best to you in your new life.

    Conina: Thank you. It was my pleasure.

    nancy: Thank you. My very best wishes to you.
    I am more than happy to leave the blog up. Perhaps every once in a while I might put up an update. I can't promise anything but in any case, I am happy for it to be viewed.

    Sweets: You've been a long time reader. My warm wishes to you.

    Anon: I never knew but better to know now than never that you enjoyed it. I registered a site for cindi a long time ago, deregistered it and registered it again in the past week. She has begun to write there privately. I can't promise anything. It is early days but it is possible she may open it for viewing one day. If so, she will leave a link here.

    Abel: I shall certainly keep in touch. Thank you, my friend for your lovely words and your great kindness.

    Jake: I'm sorry too. The need to be private was just too overwhelming. A friend said to me in the past few days that Vesta came over sometimes as a "tough bird" but if there was any facade to this site it was that I am "tough". I am really incredibly delicate and easily hurt (I wish I were not so delicate) and there is a need within me now to be private. Thank you very much for accompanying me along the road. My best wishes.

    Serenity: Dear, dear Serenity. Thank you. Just remember to breathe; to soften, to accept; to look after yourself and all will be well. With love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest darling - you have given support and love as well as joy and pleasure. I wish you total happiness and peace. Janey xxxx with hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for saying goodbye Vesta. This has been a very interesting blog. I hope your new projects are as successful.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janey: Thank you so much. I am still here. I'm still very ready to listen and support. You can reach me at any time. I hope that all is well.

    PL: Thank you for being one of my more outspoken and irreverant readers and correspondents. Please feel free to jot me a line and let me know what is on your mind these days. My best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Vesta

    outspokenness and irreverence do not always find favour here in the blogosphere so, thank you for your kind words. I'll write you a wee note.

    PL

    ReplyDelete