Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Powers of persuasion

Even a girl with a most submissive nature sometimes needs convincing of the rightness of things, I believe. A dominant or top could direct a submissive to go and do something, and that would probably work. She is, on the whole, attuned to doing as the dominant directs. But, having her wholehearted enthusiasm for an idea of his is rather pleasing, too, I suspect.

There are many ways to skin a cat and sometimes it pays to seed a thought in the girl's mind. She doesn't need to be directed to do something, necessarily. The dominant or top could use his powers of persuasion to have the girl think that it is all her idea, for example. Should she say something like:

"I thought to go to the nail salon today, as you suggested."

He might reply,

"But, I haven't suggested you do anything."

Incredulous, she might respond,

"But, you did, many times."

Then, he might say,

"Not at all. I merely told you how wonderful n slutti nails are."

Confounded, the girl takes herself off to the nail salon. She gets acrylic nails, 'french style', square shaped. If she is going to do this at all, she is going to do it his way. He asks so many questions. It is better that way. She is delighted. She wonders why in the hell she waited all these years to do something this much fun! She looks at her new nails every chance she gets and she takes great delight in her new more feminine hands."

The next conversation is bound to go something like this:

"I got acrylic nails today. I love them. They are wonderful!!"

"Oh, so you decided to do that in the end, did you?"

"Yes. Thank you for suggesting it."

"But, I didn't suggest it at all. Still, I'm pleased that you decided to do this for yourself. You deserve to be pampered."

There was no directive. She remains confused as to whether it was, in fact, his idea or hers. Still, she has acrylic nails now and they are both very happy about it.

Mission accomplished.

The only tiny, teeny problem is that she is having a devil of a time tap, tap, tapping away at the keyboard making endless mistakes and thus this post must come to an end.

I did want to advise you kind folks however that I'll be taking a little vacation. I'll look forward to seeing you here again in around a week's time. Take care.

10 comments:

  1. have a great break! and enjoy the fruits of your "nails"..

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally the subtle suggestion and allowing my girl to arrive at my destination as if it were her own is the very best way to get things done. I am sure she often knows this is what happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir J: Yes. What surprises the heck out of me actually is that "subtle suggestion" and 'persistence' go together so seamlessly. I imagine you know what I am talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. selkie: Thank you. I will indeed, although alone in the kitchen this morning I found that I was rendered helpless in getting the top off the yoghurt container, so this should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful vacation!

    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dagnabit!

    I KNEW you were one of those perfect nail girls!
    Ha!

    Jz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jz: Well, I am one now! Have you ever seen a dolly *without* perfect nails? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. mouse: That is so kind. I certainly will. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had french square shaped acrylic nails for nearly 20 years now. I love the way they make my hands look, and how feminine and "well groomed" I feel wearing them.

    welcome to the "nail club"!!

    hugs,
    cp

    ps. enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cutesy pah: They do feel wonderful don't they?! I love listening to them click away on the keyboard and I wish I'd done it years ago. I took quite a bit of persuading but I'm glad I finally saw the light.

    I'm writing back to you whilst on holiday and thank you we are having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete