Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Game on

If I had to describe myself, if I had to include in my profile a small statement about what I represent in my little corner of the D/s blogosphere, I would say that I am "a cheeky submissive". I say this because I have no doubts that I have a naturally submissive nature, comfortable at the bottom of the relationship and not the top. But, as well, I love a joke, a laugh, a giggle. When I take myself or anyone else so seriously that the fun is very far from the surface, I've lost the plot; the reason for being here in the first place.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am when I go to the trouble of being cheeky and no one even notices. I look carefully for the line drawn in the sand, and then I tiptoe right up to it, observe it closely and when no-one is paying too much attention I put my big toe just over it, just a smidgen. Damn! Nobody even cared. What to do? What to do? So, now I pick up my whole foot and I plant it quite firmly over the line. He has to notice that, surely. And, he does. Oh joy! The game is on.

There is nothing more fun in the whole, wide world that repartee with a dominant type of man. They know you are leading them down the wrong path. Do they go there with you? Of course they do! They love it, too.

So, you are having a conversation and there is lots of give and take and you are more like a naughty little girl and a naughty little boy having lots of fun in the school yard. And, then, out of the blue comes a reminder of your place:

"Yes"

"Yes what?"

Now, you know what you are meant to say. We all know what comes next. But, it is so tempting to say something that you are not meant to say and see what happens...

You say,

"Yes, King Poobah"

There is no answer. You start to get a little sweaty. You start wondering what the response is going to be. You may not like it. The seconds tick on. Tick tock. Tick tock. You think better of it.

"Yes Sir"

The conversation rolls on.

I could be good all the time, I suppose. I could say all the right things at just the right time. I could be earnest and respectful, diligent and knowing of my place, twenty four hours a day. But then, who'd swat me down? You see, even that's fun for me.

There is a time and place for everything.

"Def. Def."

But, if you are not having some fun, it's time to re-write the rules of your game.

12 comments:

  1. vesta,

    Oh yeah! That is something I can related to! I think my Master does it to me on purpose sometimes, deep down he appreciates my humor.

    (I hope)

    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! I'm not sure if I would enjoy the discipline aspect of my relationship so much if there were never fun moments. If every time that I was 'swatted down' was because I had made an unintentional mistake, I'd feel exhausted.

    Whether it's D/s or not, you're right! The rules need to be re-written if you're not having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do seem to relish dancing up to the line and poking your toes over just slightly, perhaps not enough to be noticed, or enough to register as an overstepping, but teasing at the line.

    Like a playful little imp.

    Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled at King Poobah, that is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky submissive-- love it.

    pammie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. I've called Max some ridiculous names. He just says, "uh-huh." Of course, that is on the phone. In person he speaks a different language.
    Love it!
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, isn't that line in the sand simply irresistible? I don 't know just why, but sometimes my toe needs to be there! And yeah...our guys picked their cheeky gals, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I was raised in a family of relentless (tho' good-natured) needlers, it should surprise no one that this behavior extends into all aspects of my life. I tease, test, and poke in 'most everything I do.

    BG just gives me The Look. I usually giggle.
    The Look plus The Eyebrow means "back-pedal fast!", however.

    It's sooooo much fun! :-D

    Jz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for joining in on the fun in this post. How glorious that I should have received the most comments, ever, I think, for a post about cheeky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was with great mirth I noticed that this time you capitalized King, Poobah and Sir. Vesta you may be getting the hang of this after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly, she has gotten some help from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gentlemen: Not only that; I didn't even *think* about it when I capitalized them; totally ingrained. Are you proud?

    ReplyDelete