Monday, May 30, 2011

Asking

When it comes to his business affairs my husband is a micro manager. He is currently editing, drafting and correcting papers in relation to an agreement and trust me when I say that no stone will be left unturned. He will do it and he will do it to the best of his abilities, ensuring that every fact and condition and point is properly stated. His ability to give his complete focus to a task is something you really have to see to believe.

Leading his business life this way depletes him of any desire to micromanage me, and generally speaking that is a good thing because I don't think I would like that level of micromanagement directed at me. If he sees I am doing something in a certain way and he doesn't approve, he tells me but he definitely does not want to have to keep tabs on me. The last thing he needs or wants is to think, "Hmmmm, I wonder if cindi did this and that today, I better go check..." That is just too much like hard work.

Of course, if the dominant person in the equation does not engage adequately with the submissive, something is lost. As Sir J said recently, if it matters to you (you = the dominant), it will matter to her too. I am hoping that once this business deal is wrapped up he can engage with me more and remind me what is important to him and then whatever that is, it will be important to me too. I am rather well trained to obey these days (!) so Sir J's equation makes total sense to me.

All this being the case, it can be necessary for the submissive to make her own rituals and/or rules. Well, perhaps I should back up and say that I do have rules in a general sense. I am expected to maintain our lives in all ways unrelated to business affairs, so one could break that down to say that I tend to the house, the family, the food, the garden and social activities and so on, but it is enough I think to state that the expectation is that I will tend to our non-business affairs, as well as take care of myself and take care of my husband too (and of course the children).

When you have a submissive state of mind, and you want to feel that submission not just in the bedroom but in the core of you, and not just every now and again but many times a day, this can be a problem. Efficiency to please your Owner is fine but it is simply not enough.

I have had a lot of resistance to asking for things for various reasons but I am now finding asking for things a comfort for the above reasons. Asking reminds me of my place and when I feel my place, I feel good.

As I said before, I do the homely things. I cook the meals. Every now and again, it pays for me to put that time into some other activity on a given day. I could easily just dial for some Chinese food and go and collect it but I take pleasure these days in going to my husband's study and saying, "May we please have some take out food tonight? I have to do (this or that)." This pleases him. "Of course," he will say because if I ask nicely for things and the request is within his power, he won't deny it. It gives me a little tingle and that is what I look for; the little tingles in my day.

I am currently considering what else I may ask for: other ways that I can incorporate asking into my day. Would anyone care to share with me what they ask for?

7 comments:

  1. Sweet Vesta,
    I am not certain I can give any examples of substance since I must ask for, well, almost everything. I ask to use the toilet (all the time unless Master is not home or I am at work). I ask permission to eat, I ask permission to shower/bathe, I ask permission to go to bed or to stay up. I ask permission to go to the store, to do my exercises, to make dinner, what to make for dinner, to pick the movie we are to watch, to buy something. As I type all this I can not help but feel as though I am micromanaged; however, I sincerely do not feel I am. Perhaps it is because I have been living this life for 5 (almost 6) years now so it is merely ingrained into who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truthfully, I do not even think about asking, it just happens. Now when I am at work or Master is at work or he is out of town I do not call him to ask for all of those things; however, in my head I still ask. I ask without even noticing. I do not rely on him though for permission when we are not in the same environment. When I have to use the toilet I use it. When I need to eat I eat. I know what I am permitted to eat and what I am not allowed to digest. I am aware of the behaviours expected of me and that any large purchase simply does not happen unless I have discussed it with Master. Grocery shopping is an expectation of mine; however, I am free to purchase what I like and after years of being with Master I know what is acceptable and what is not.

    There are so many questions, so many little tasks you can ask permission for from tending to the garden when you are both home and he might wish to spend quality time with you to asking him permission to have an orgasm during the afternoon. I know I ask for all my orgasms and have since, well the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you Vesta, when I ask nicely I am so very rarely ever refused and Master does like to see me happy and I know he receives great pleasure from hearing me ask. I wish you must success in your every day ways to connect with your Husband and I do look forward to hearing about all it all transpires.

    xx ~a

    (p.s. my apologies for this being sent in 3 parts; however, it would not let me send it all as one, I was told it was too long - too many characters.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 30, 2011

    I randomly ask Daddy if I may suck his cock (usually in text message when he is at work). He always responds to those messages and I think he realizes I desire him. Often I get what else I should do too!

    As for the daily routine things, the questions tend to go with his needs. May I dry your back? Or what would you like for dessert Daddy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vesta,

    I will ask my Husbands permission to go shopping, well other than grocery store trips. Or if I may buy something while out. For instance the other day I texted him at work and asked if it was okay for me to buy a pair of sandles.

    None of this I really have to do, but it does make me feel so submissive when he grants his permission.

    This is a great topic!

    Love,
    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vesta,

    Loved the post and mouse is rather much like you. Omega is a total micromanager with most in his life, except he also understands mouse doesn't thrive under that. Oh, it works for a few days, but less structure seems to work better for mouse and he. All the needs are met better this way. What mouse will sometimes ask, going out to eat rather than cooking, having some special quiet time, just us two. Often, as he works in his study, mouse will simple ask to be close to him.

    Really, these things sound very dull, but also nice at least for us.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodgirl: Well, I don't think it matters what it is called. I think what matters is that you are both happy about the degree of the 'asking'. To return to what I refer to as 'Sir J's equation - (He cares about something = she cares about it too) - this is what Master wants and hence what you want too. I recall you saying that it was difficult in the beginning but now it is ingrained which goes to the fact that it is right for you, I think.

    Of course, a lot of couples, even vanilla couples do some form of asking because it is the polite thing to do. "Honey, do you feel like pasta tonight or would you rather fish?" We should want to please one another and to consult one another. I think I do a very similar thing to you in ways in that I ask after dinner if he would like a cup of tea. I ask if he would like to see a movie on Friday night. I ask if he wants me to take items to the dry cleaners.

    But, I don't consult or ask over things over which he doesn't care a jot. I need to choose areas of life/aspects of the day over which he has some interest/would enjoy to incorporate asking into some sort of ritual. Asking to go to bed is something he likes. He likes connecting in that way at the end of the day. I suppose I could ask if I could have a little sweet something sometimes after dinner but I rather think that the answer to that might quite often be "no" no matter how nicely I ask. But, that is another good (although tough) thought.

    Mindset: Oh, Mindset, now he would *love* it if I ask each morning on waking, "May I suck your cock, Owner?" If he happens to read this, and he *does* read here these days quite regularly, that might just be my new ritual!!

    Serenity: I think that is very sweet, asking if you may buy something. I'm not sure I really want to go there, but I get what you mean. When I was in London, I happened across the most beautiful necklace - a real classic and totally me. I don't usually buy jewellery without my husband seeing it first or just buying it for me and I was in a real quandry. I couldn't call him about as I had a local sim card so I called my daughter and asked what did she think? A message came straight back, "Buy it, silly" and off I went to the store guilt free because I had been told to buy it.

    mouse: This is just the most wonderful and simple suggestion and the one I plan to incorporate into my life - to ask if I may be close to him for a while. That sounds an incrediby powerful thing to ask, I think.

    Thank you to you all for such thoughtful responses. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete