Thursday, May 26, 2011

Silence

And, the news is good. My son sent me a text message a few hours ago that he was sitting on a Qantas flight bound for Brisbane.

Yayayayayayayayayayayayay!

It was pretty torrid there, I have to say and as an Internet friend very rightly pointed out, we will have to watch for post-traumatic stress. But, he's a particularly solid and sensible young man and I know he will be all right.

I stayed up late watching Fox News (as you do) listening for any reports that I could find about the conditions over there and by bed time I felt reasonably satisfied that his area was all right. (In fact, they had a great many tornadoes in his area but not huge ones.)

Just before I got into bed he got a text message through to me. "I'm safe. Weather conditions are settling." Just what his mother was waiting to hear. Now, I could sleep!

I sent back one telling him I had booked two seats for Saturday's lunch at his favourite restaurant. I thought it might lift his spirits and he wrote back. "Can't wait."

And so in my family, life goes on. We are one of the lucky ones. I know this and as my brother said when he was so close to the floods earlier in the year, but unaffected, "I feel guilty for surviving."

Life throws up things. My mother has complained her head off lately about the driving of a friend of hers and yesterday was the day they were involved in what could have easily been a fatal accident but was in fact an accident where they walked away unscathed. You just never know, I guess.

Perhaps it was my need to escape for a little from the real world or perhaps a little hormone therapy kicked in. It tends to do that on day 3 to 5 and oh boy, have things changed in that department! For the first time in many months I felt inspired to write a kinky story.

So, here's where readers come in. He has told her that she may not speak for the whole day. Not a word! Absolute silence. Has that ever happened to you? How did it go? And, why did it happen in the first place? I so want to finish this kinky story but I need a plausible reason why he would insist on this and I need a sense of just how challenging this is.

I do have some experience in this but the time frame is much shorter - four hours. I absolutely loved it! It is one of my favourite BDSM experiences and I remember that afterwards I felt beautiful; loved, lovable; totally cared for!

Please share your experiences with me and maybe I can share the story!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your son is safe on the the way to Bris.
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hidden slave: Thank you so much. It isn't normal for him to send messages that he is sitting on planes since we consider him in contest with George Clooney for the 'Up in the Air' prize these days, and that he sent it highlighted for me his huge relief to have survived an horrific situation. They literally missed the tornado by less than an hour and technically should have been downtown Joplin when it hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he is safe.

    I would think that if a slave stepped way over the line on speaking in a disrespectful way would be forbidden from speaking for a day. I hope this helps.

    William

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he is on his way home safe and sound.
    hugs,
    heather1

    ReplyDelete
  5. William and heather: Thank you, most sincerely.

    William: That is a plausible reason, I think. I rather think my character (the story is from Lionel's POV) commands this because he wants to get his girl back into a certain frame of mind and he thinks this might be a good way to get her back to a very aroused and centred state of mind. She was restless before he left and he has been gone over a week. And, he just LOVES to control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your son is safe.

    re silence: does it have to be done as a punishment? Could it be an arbitrary decision by the Dom, perhaps to prepare the sub's mouth for other uses? Would be nice if the sub had to be silent "in public".

    It is a deliciously kinky idea. I can't wait to read the story.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  7. PL: Thank you. It is a great relief to have him safe and sound at home.

    It definitely does not have to be a punishment and I am fortunate to have had conversations with two submissives re this post who told of the "zen" like state they achieve when silenced. I think it has it challenges, mind you, especially at the beginning, but some submissives would regard it as a treat.

    It is a non-physical mouth gag if you like, so yes, I don't see why it couldn't be a preparation for other 'situations'.

    I think being in public and silent is the ultimate experience re silence but I can't see doing it in the local neighbourhood. Better, I think, to take the trip into town with one's dominant and have him do the talking when necessary.

    Ohhhh goodness, but this topic excites me!

    ReplyDelete