Thursday, June 2, 2011

New nails: new state of mind



I got a divine new set of acrylic nails today, a centimetre long. No one told me to do it. I wanted to do it. I went to the nail salon and told them that I thought it was time I had a new set and when it was time to cut the new nails I ensured that the length was adequately long.


Did I have in my mind that I am required to have nails of a certain length? Of course. Requirements are well understood. But, let there be no mistake. This was for me. I wanted this and I needed this. I adored every moment of the process and once I had my shiny new long acrylic nails, I immediately felt more like myself. There was clarity of thought, a more positive attitude, a sense of my place, of my purpose and what works for me. I felt softer and kinder, more sympathetic, accepting and understanding. I felt more relaxed, happy and content; much more bimbo!

Is this a rational thinking process? Well, it is to me. My nails are my constant reminder of all that I have learned thus far. They remind me that my submission is a good thing; a noble thing; a calming and therapeutic thing; that I have limits and that my limits serve me well. It heals me and comforts me; lifts me up to a elevated place where I feel loved and loveable; centred and at peace.

N, gess wut? Tinki cindi jus rown da corner lookin 2 pley 2...

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! It's amazing how having long nails or polished nails can bring about such a change! Daddy doesn't like mouse having really long nails, but recently keeping nails a reasonable length and polished was required by him...and it's brought about a huge change in mindset lately. Maybe a kinder more feminine and certainly more gentle mouse...

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, doing something for yourself also reinforces your submission - and the fact that it is a gift to the one you choose to receive it. Thank you for this post. It was a pleasant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenity: Thank you.

    mouse: Well manicured nails of any length give a woman confidence, I think. It took me some time to embrace long nails but I wouldn't live without them now. They are a reminder of my femininity as well as 'the doll' within. It is entirely appropriate though, isn't it, that we embrace what they want; sometimes that means long nails and sometmes short.

    Rusty Nale: Yes, it makes sense, I think; that when we do something for ourselves that we are in fact giving something to them; a happy woman. I think they'd agree that is like getting gold.

    ReplyDelete