Monday, May 31, 2010

Asking? That's easy!

We simply adore Spain and keep extending our stay in the country, one day here and one day there, not able to drag ourselves away. We are currently in the town of Begur (meet us in the town square tonight if you wish). It is divine - an authentic, little Medieval village that just makes my heart sing. Last night, we went for a walk at midnight after a perfect meal and my eyes welled with tears to be surrounded by such beauty at every turn. I can't fully explain what it does to me to be here and immerse myself in the culture. It is a dream come true for me. Of course, it is sublime to spend so much time with my owner and needless to say we are very happy.

Just before I left home, I'd been conversing with my mentor about the fact that 'the doll' has no free will and therefore the only possible avenue for her was to ask questions/permission to express what she needed or wanted. This hit home. I finally got it; that I must ask.

This holiday, I have been asking lots of questions. One example this morning was,

"Owner, may cindi have yoos of her handz?" (I'd slept with them tied together which provides me with the most wonderful sleep.)

He is very happy with this new skill of mine but I did make an error yesterday. Here is how that played out:

"Back in that last town, I saw exactly the type of tablecloths that I have been looking for."

"For God's sake, why didn't you tell me and I would have stopped. How can I know what you want if you don't tell me? Now, if this happens again, you'll be spanked. You ask me to stop if you see something you want. Understood?"

"Yes, owner."

I had no idea life could be this easy, harmonious and blissful. If only someone had told me 30 years ago that I must ask for things, life would have been so very much more content.

Why, I think I've got this whole darn thing licked!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Vesta,

    i was just about to write Master an e-mail asking for permission to go someplace on Sunday when your post came up.

    You make it sound so simple, which it basically is. But why do i find it so terribly hard to even ask for the simplest of things?

    Haven't i "mastered" the art of asking or have i been "conditioned" not to do ask anymore?

    cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. cassie: I've been pretty hopeless about asking for things too, but when it was presented to me in a certain way - that cindi has no free will and thus has no choice but to ask for what she needs or wants - it suddenly made total sense. Every time I ask for something I am reminded of my status. And, that gives me a real buzz.

    I think you are just out of practice, my dear. And, if you don't ask, you won't get. Soooooo...

    ReplyDelete