Thursday, May 6, 2010

Forbidden goodies

On the issue of a submissive gal's food intake, dominant men tread carefully. Some tell me that they tried that and they aren't going back into those shark-infested waters. Others feel it 'part and parcel' of managing their girl. I think it could work for me so long as it was handled with commitment and dedication and a steady hand. Let me explain.

In theory, I like the idea of the dominant controlling my intake. I like the idea of someone ordering food on my behalf. When I was working and my boss took me for lunch I'd often order the fish or just a salad. He got tired of this. He felt I looked "hungry" and he reached a point where he would over ride my order and tell the waiter "she will have the porterhouse steak with vegetables". I had no objection to this. I like the idea of being told in the moment that I can't have something. Sometimes, I'll see if my husband is open to the idea of ordering dessert. "Do you need it?" he will ask. Well, of course, I don't need it and I let the idea go.

I've asked for my husband's help in the past. He knows I have a sweet tooth, must sweeter than his and if he's around he might give me a look which suggests that to eat that extra biscuit or piece of chocolate is totally unnecessary. In those instances, I usually offer it to him and he knows that is to assuage my guilt. He does not accept my offer and it goes back on the plate from which it came. All of that is okay with me.

I do sin. I simply cannot in good conscience deny that. Readers who have been with me for a long time may remember that the chocolate mint I get with my coffee after a work out caused me some grief and such events are not uncommon. I have a sweet tooth and it demands to be fed.

Yet, I know perfectly well that if I am to lose those few stubborn kilos that I want to lose and get back to feeling that my body is as I want it to be, I can't eat chocolate or any sort of naughty treats. Whilst I am losing the weight at the very least, I need to demonstrate restraint and self-discipline of the highest order.

Unfortunately, the kind of assistance my husband has offered me relates to when he sees me in the act or finds some evidence that I have been naughty and eaten foods that make weight loss virtually impossible.

"Did you eat the biscuits missing from this packet?"
'Did you eat the last few pieces of the chocolate bar?"
Put those lollies away!"

It stops me in the moment but doesn't necessarily restrain me and contain me in a way that I feel would work tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

I accept that there are reasons behind why dominants won't venture into this territory, but if I can accept my rules on all sorts of other matters then I really can't see why rules about food restrictions and limitations would not work for me so long as the dominant followed through. On other matters there are corrections for poor behaviour and praise for good behaviour. I think that might be just the 'kicker' I need to achieve my optimum weight in no time.

Since nobody has ever offered me this service, I guess I may just have to ask. Frankly, that is the hardest part of all.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO... if I was asked if I needed the dessert I'd say "Hell yeah, I need it. I'll die without it" then do some impression of keeling over. I think Asha has learned it's better to just make the decision than ask me if I need something. :-D

    Thankfully he doesn't control my food intake much... just the junk food intake, but I'm not big on junk food so it's not really an issue.

    turiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vesta,

    dessert, birthday cakes (even my own), chocolate and ice cream have been on the black list for years.

    When i find my hand reaching for the packet of bisquits (hands tend to do that you know!) i see the red ribbon and say: Master wants His property to take care of itself. He will be most pleased with it if it watches its weight. And... the hand withdraws!

    If this sounds too complicated, a "no snacking between meals" rule will give your diet some structure.

    cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. turiya: Right back when we first met, I would refer to a "need" for something...like a new dress...as if the need was a matter of life and death.

    "But, I nnnnneeeeeeedd it."

    He has been using the word against me ever since.

    cassie: I love the idea of wearing a ribbon around my wrist (pink, of course, to go with my claws) to keep my hand out of the cookie jar, so to speak, and I'll let you know how it goes. All the same, I do love my ultimatums. And, since I'm the world's worst liar, I really do think I'd avoid sinning...unless I "need" it, of course. Just a little bimbo joke there!

    ReplyDelete