Friday, May 28, 2010

Spanish Rhapsody

I've never been to Spain before and so far I only really know Barcelona, but I am in love with the place. We have had so many magical experiences in the past few days that I have to keep pinching myself to check that it is really happening.

Yesterday by chance we walked past the Church of Santa Anna, apparently the second oldest church in Barcelona, and a very pretty one at that. We happened to notice that there was a concert this evening in the chapel; a guitarist by the name of Alen Garagic, and we bought two tickets on the spot. It was sublime. Not only were we two of only about 25 people in this gorgeous chapel this evening, with only candles for our light but we were treated to an hour of the most gifted of musicians playing a lovely Sergovian style repertoire. Before each piece, Alen spoke in Spanish and then in English which allowed us to hear all about the pieces he had chosen. His talent is thrilling to watch as well as to listen to and it was an experience neither my husband nor I will soon forget.

As we made our way out to the courtyard we were served a really lovely glass of Spanish wine by the man from whom we bought the tickets and he told us a lot about the history of the church. We bought Alan's CD, of course. I'm listening to it now, as was my owner before he fell asleep on the couch. (Being a tourist is just exhausting!) The deal ws that Alen sign the CD and I took it up to him and naturally told him how much I enjoyed his playing and the whole experience. As it turns out his guitars are made by a man in Sydney so we had quite a bit to talk about. It is our first real conversation with someone who speaks English fluently since we arrived, so the four of us were very chatty.

I'm loving the passion I see here - in their food, their city, their country, their history; what they do and produce. I'm loving their manners and helpfulness and their restraint. They want to help but they don't want to intrude. I get that. It's all a marvellous adventure for me and proof that a city can be densely populated and civil at the same time. Gosh, I even get to dry my clothes on some cords strung out the window three storeys up. I do love such authentic details when travelling. You won't find me in the Hilton Hotel.

Kinky things are happening in the early morning and I'm a girl with a grin on my face but I'm just so entranced at the whole Barcelona experience, I don't have a great desire to get into that just yet. But I will share I did learn pretty quickly that my owner was not going to have me dawdling or lagging behind him on the streets. I had to be right beside him at all times, no matter what I wanted to drewl over in some other window. I'm more or less running to keep up with him. In spite of the people everywhere, I've managed to get a few hard swats on my bottom out there on the streets to remind me of my place. Nobody seemed to think it at all out of the ordinary though. I noticed that.

We had to practically push a couple out of the way to get through our wooden door leading to our apartment building late last night. He was rubbing her ass and trying to get her worked up while she begged that she needed to sleep for work the next morning. We offered her an escape through the door with us, but despite her protests to him, she decided not to come with us. Isn't that odd?!

I get the feeling that the rules may be different here between men and women and I'm loving the passion, the flair and the 'daring to be different' in the men all over the city. I feel that I'm breathing fresh air.

We should be back to normal kinky thought programming soon. Trust me when I say that my kinky mind is working overtime.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 29, 2010

    Spain sounds just lovely! So glad you are enjoying your trip. :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann: Thank you very much. Spain is a treasure trove. You just never know what gorgeous sight is awaiting you around the next corner. We love it here.

    ReplyDelete