Friday, May 14, 2010

Compliments

All girls enjoy compliments, I think, but when you are a kinky girl those compliments can be different to what a vanilla girl might enjoy or find acceptable.

I've the dearest friend who can suddenly splice into the conversation,

"You may be too weird for me, Vesta."

Do I take offense? Of course not.


"Cindi beri slutti tots."

"Sumtimz"

"Sumtimz?"

"Well, mebbe bit mor dan sumtimz."

What a huge compliment that is!


But, my favourite, my absolute favourite compliment of all time was this:

Remember when Deity was dressing up in that latex suit of his and we girls were giving him grief?

Vesta said...
"You may recall that in one of my stories Susan complains of her dress code and Edward explains that he too has a dress code; for example, when he attends a formal event and needs to wear a white bow tie.

This is just an extension of that thought really, but I can't help thinking of the efforts you went to, to convince the authorities that you were the exception to the rule.

Giggling her head off... "

Well, when he replied to my rather naughty and provocative comment he said this,

"Vesta,
Go on. Go ahead and giggle ALLLL you want, you little tart. *sigh*"

How deliriously exciting it was to be called a tart! To my recollection it was the very first time someone has called me a tart and I loved it.

There are so many words to describe a woman - girl, tart, wench, vixon, harlet, scamp, babe, baby, trollop, a boiler (my mother used this word recently and it refers to a woman dressed very badly usually entirely unsuited to her age and body), slut, bimbo, doll. Is it any wonder that women are sensitive to the use of these words to describe them?

Yet, the words that are used to describe me - doll, bimbo, slut, tart, little girl, cindi - all make me feel very special actually. I'm completely comfortable with my own sexuality and where I go in the process of experiencing that sexuality and I know that those words are used with a certain reverence and pride and they please me rather than insult me.

But, I should point out that my approval of the use of these words to describe me is due to the fact that when these words are used, respect for me as a woman is intact. Or, that is my feeling. I think I'm right about that. It is the secret ingredient. Those men and boys who choose to use those words amongst their friends over a dozen or so lagers at the pub can go their hardest. No self-respecting woman has the slightest interest in them if their words are demeaning.

But, under my refined interior is a slut. It's completely true. And, only me, my husband and you get to know about it. That makes those naughty words not insults to me, but rather the most pleasing of compliments.

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 14, 2010

    So very very well said!
    ds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely said vesta. Oftentimes mouse feels the same way when O compliments mouse in that way.

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 17, 2010

    Weirdness is as weirdness does.
    Wouldn't it be weird if you weren't weird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isdeviant: Thank you.

    mouse: Awwwwww, that's nice to know!

    anon: Someone in there is a compliment; I feel pretty sure about that! lol

    ReplyDelete