Monday, November 9, 2009

True love

A dominant man just is.
He cannot turn off.
A submissive woman loves him for who he is.
Her heart is steady and she follows it;
As she must.

A dominant man is a force of nature.
Often a light summer breeze but
sometimes the bluster of a foul day.

The submissive woman stays the course
but she has a mind as well as a heart.
She finds refuge in the still of the cave.
She gathers her thoughts:
is calm, breathes deep; resuscitates.

The dominant man waits for her return
like the bear without his breakfast.
It is her unconditional love of him
which keeps his life on course.

As opposites attract,
So shall they reconnect.
Two hearts beat to the rhythm of
the same drum;

Love.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely poem.

    b7ossom

    ReplyDelete
  2. b7ossom: I honestly consider myself a talentless poet, but as I lay there awake last night I knew I could not sleep until I tried to put this thought down in some way. I really appreciate your comment and your corrections. I really did enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea if you can't sleep to put down your thoughts. And you actually appear to have a natural flair for being a poet. Keep writing. That's the best way to develop the craft.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  4. FD: Yes. I think it is the doing something that works...getting it out of the mind...and then, sleep comes.

    I do appreciate your encouragement. My youngest son is the poet. He really writes the most stunning poety, and it's not just me who says that! Sometimes, I recommend changes. Occasionally, he takes them up but usually he'll argue til the cows come home about the rightness of his choice. I confess, he is almost always right but our collaboration can improve a poem. I learn considerably through him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... that's beautiful!

    spirited

    ReplyDelete
  6. spirited one: You made my evening. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very perceptive. And I cracked up at the line about a bear without his breakfast!

    I am not by nature very calm. To the extent that I am, it is because of the sadist. For that alone, if nothing else, I am grateful.

    Similarly to your statement about a dominant man, I say that it's soemthing he IS, not just something he does or plays at. If it's really there I can feel it. It doesn't take a special effort. It's like radiation pulsing out, because it is there and it must.

    As my Master would say: good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OG: Now you really *are* a poet, so thank you for your very kind comment.

    I agree that a dominant man just "is". And, he needs feeding. No doubt about that either in my mind! LOL

    ReplyDelete