Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessed

There is a photograph of my husband and me when we were engaged and another one on the day that we were married where my husband is looking at me adoringly. He looks so happy to be with me and love is definitely written all over his face. I’m looking at the camera but he’s looking at me.

Today, my daughter took photos of my husband and I in the garden, just before we left for a big day out, all gussied up. Several of them turned out very well, but my daughter and I agree that the best one is of me smiling at the camera and my husband smiling at me. I look cute and he looks even cuter.

And it occurred to me this evening, after a really lovely and sometimes kinky day out together that we are the lucky ones; married for a very long time and still in love, still infatuated, still luxuriating in one another.

It hasn’t been like this for every day of every week of every month of every year; not at all. We’ve had fights and disagreements and at times it has seemed that our union had almost fizzed out. He, the rock, refused to ever lie down and die and on we went, together. I never ever seriously wanted to walk away from the most important relationship of my life but at the same time I wasn’t sure how to make it work at times.

Coming out as a spanko rehabilitated us and made us strong; gave us solidarity against the world and made us, at times, indescribably and euphorically happy. But, a power exchange relationship is not for the faint hearted and at times I lost my way, unsure that I was up to the task. Some days were good and some days were not. I still didn’t have it all bedded down.

In the past few weeks that has all changed. It is as if the lessons I have learned have fallen into place; as if the messages have seeped into my brain and my heart and I don’t need to feel confused or unsure any more. It all makes sense. It all works. It is all so heavenly.

If I say to you that it has a great deal to do with my slutty red (but oh so chic) nails you will only laugh at me. But, it is the truth. A man does want to think of his girl as his candy.

And, a few other small changes occurred, too. I bought two pieces of head wear to go with special outfits. Wanting a change from hats, I tried on a head piece and was amazed to discover that the style suited me well. When I dressed and put one on, my husband adored it. He loved that I was experimenting with new styles and ideas and I can’t tell you how many times he praised my appearance today. There were some gorgeous gals there, but his eyes kept returning to me. You can’t know how beautiful I felt!

After the event, we said goodbye to our friends and made our way to our favourite Italian restaurant in town and shared together, alone at last, an antipasto and a glass of red wine. He looked at me and said,

“If I just met you...if I saw you sitting here, I would want to fuck you. You look sensational.”

Of course, it doesn’t get any better than this. To be not just loved, but to be found ‘fuckable’ is music to a girl’s ears.

As we made our way down the escalator to the train station for the journey home, he told me to stand in front of him. I did exactly as he told me to do, as I had all day, and I felt his hand wander underneath my open summer coat. He made his way to my breast and he pinched the nipple of my left breast. He would do what he wanted, where he wanted and that was just fine with me.

I am an owned girl, a loved girl, a fuckable girl; obedient, respectful and full of love. I am blessed.

P.S. My apologies for the lack of a list of other blogs, which I deleted by mistake. I'll rectify this situation as soon as possible.

7 comments:

  1. Smiles, yes indeed you ARE blessed!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. just when you thought it could not get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely to hear someone so content in their situation Vesta .... and I am happy that in finding your centre you find joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vesta

    I thrive on your story, slowly turning myself more domish, and I can't think of a better word.

    But, forgive me, "of my husband and I" is hypercorrection. The "I" should be "me", as it's governed by "of", even when conjoined.

    --

    The other night my wife reached for me, twice: while falling asleep and while waking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: Please, please don't apologize. I am grateful to you for pointing out the error. It is duly amended. Thank you.

    And, thank you for your generous comment. I am always delighted to hear from you and revel in hearing of your increased delight in your role.

    Best wishes, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vesta: What a sweet post. You could almost feel your love for each other jump off the computer screen. You're so fortunate you found each other and that you've been able to keep your love for each other still bubbling over after all of these years. May you continue to have eyes only for each other.

    How nice that his eyes kept coming back to you when there were so many gorgeous women at the event. As you said, you're both truly blessed.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  7. sara: Thank you. Yes, I think so. And, perhaps you are too, I think!?

    Sir J: Yes. It's pretty darn terrific, I must say.

    Selkie: Great to hear from. Thank you so much.

    Florida Dom: You say the kindest things. I suspect you have a pretty good thing going,too! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete