Monday, April 2, 2012

Open for business

I had a security scare. There was the potential for my real identity to be revealed. If anyone remembers those times I bravely (and stupidly) said that it would not matter to me if my identity was revealed, I was wrong. The thought of people talking about me behind my back, aware of just about every thought that has passed through my head, put me into a state of shock and had me reacting with a defensiveness that made closing the blog to readers immediately essential.

I think the threat has passed. Nothing has happened to suggest that there is any real danger and so I want to open the blog to readers again, to peruse at their leisure.

I have had some really nasty, personal and quite vicious comments. According to anonymous sources, I have multiple personality disorder and as a 'doll' I can be thrown in the rubbish at my owner's whim, and so it goes...

I can't say that they didn't affect me. I made some regrettable decisions in reaction to these happenings. But, I'm over that now. I know who I am and I know what's right.

By sheer co-incidence I just realized that I opened this blog on March 2, 2009, exactly three years ago today! So, let's call this 'the second coming of Vesta' and see what comes of that.

I hope everyone is well.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome Back!!! So glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vesta,

    Take heart, many of us have indeed been hit by vicious anonymous comments! Some so disturbing that Omega no longer allows mouse to read them until he has an opportunity to delete offensive ones, and moderate/publish acceptable ones.

    Often mouse has wondered how you seemingly avoided being "hit" by them, now it appears you were and that just makes mouse sad.

    Having said all this, mouse is thrilled you're back.

    Congratulations on three years of blogging!

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back :))))
    And don't let the fuckwits get you down x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on three years of blogging and welcome back. I'm sorry you had to experience that bout of nastiness and glad it has passed. So very very glad you're back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back - wow three years of blogging congratulations.
    Its a scary thought that someone "out there" may know us. When in reality there is a very very slim chance that they actually do...they just say words to cause us to worry - mean and heartless.
    Im glad you are back :)
    hugs kiwi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodie! Glad you are back. Sorry you went through such a scare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't let them scare you away for long. I've enjoyed reading your blog even if I don't comment often. Welcome back!

    hugs or shoulder bumps (as some prefer),
    heather1

    ReplyDelete
  8. lil: Many thanks

    little monkey: Much appreciated.

    mouse: Very kind, thank you. I don' publish ugly comments. I don't believe they deserve air. And, it was silly of me to take them so personally but alas, I did. I won't make that mistake again.

    shape shifter: Thank you. That's very wise advice. I won't let it happen again.

    kiwigirliegirl: It was the idea that family and friends could be embarrassed; that I could be embarrassed. I don't recall feeling that sort of panic in a long time. Thank you for your kind words.

    magik: Thank you for your lovely words. I am hoping you are well and that your news is positive.

    Serenity: Thanks. I appreciate that.

    Heather1: Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete