Saturday, April 14, 2012

Plumbing equipment

Saturday morning. I've been alone in the house for a few hours. I've had my porridge and tea in bed. I've done a bit of laundry...put on the dishwasher. But, honestly, that's all that I have done that is productive. I've been mucking around reading smut and a few literary worthy articles on the Internet, having a gay old time really. The phone rings.

"What are you doing, girl?"

"I'm doing laundry."

"Are you doing your work?"

"Well, I've been sorting out the house so far..."

"You know we'll be out all day tomorrow. You need to settle down and do your work."

"Yes. I'll get onto it very soon. Where are you?"

"I'm out in ......... looking for a special plug.

My mind is foggy. Then,

"Ohhhhh, that sort of plumbing. I couldn't figure out what plumbing needs we had."

He chuckles.

"Your plumbing, girl. But, I'm not hanging around here. Nobody has come to open the shop. Probably some silly girl is still tied up and can't get here to open up."

"Yes, right. Well, your plumbing needs are one click one away, actually. These days, people order their plumbing needs from the Internet."

"Do they? And how do they know they have the right measurements?"

"They read the little blurb that tells them."

"Right. Well, I'll be home soon. You better be sitting at your desk when I arrive."

"Definitely."

So here I am, having my last little bit of fun for the morning before I get right onto that film review.  Perhaps, there is a kinky film I could review. Any ideas are most welcome. Seen anything you like?

4 comments:

  1. A gay old time????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try "A Dangerous Method." I think you could do a great film review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrandmrsb: Ohhh, right! I might have shown my age a bit there..free floating thought before there was any other understanding of that word... Ha!

    Serenity: My tutor didn't approve, actually. Saw it as a bunch of whippings with little coherent story in between the sessions...warned me against such writing...

    But, I am definitely looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vesta,
    I particularly like 81/2 by Frederico Fellini. It is an enticing comedy/drama. Perhaps that would get approval. As for "gay old time" I am all too familiar with such a sentiment and I say it often.

    As for "A Dangerous Method" I actually did not appreciate that film although I can understand why some would. As risque as it is to say, personally I appreciated Freud. Granted his thoughts and teachings appeared as a rather misogynistic point of view, in many ways I think he valued women but the time and society was not really ready for his thoughts. I must say there were times when I thought he was a bit of an odd ball; still I do not think he was too left field.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete