Friday, October 19, 2012

Coming home

So here I am in my pretty pink dress, lace cardigan, heeled sandals, gold and pearl jewellery. I've been to a lovely lunch and chatted away amicably with many people, listened to lovely music, had some pleasant wine and food. It was all very, very nice.

And, what did I do when I came home?

Well, I sat at my desk and opened up my tumblr account and found this pikki, which immediately relaxed me; which immediately made me feel comfortable; complete; which allowed me to commune with myself.

These are the cold, hard facts. To be reduced is to feel like I have come home.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! essentially...Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but in no way is appropriate for a woman in pink dress, lace cardigan, and pearls to be looking at a picture like this. At the very least you should remove the pearls next time. :)

    "To be reduced is to feel like I have come home."
    That is such a perfect description. It really does sum it all up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. littleone: Yes!

    Serenity: I enjoy social functions. There was nothing about it not to enjoy. Yet, photos like this are a tonic for me after all the polite pleasantries. I was very aware of the disparity of the situation - this well dressed woman looking at all that smut. I admit I enjoyed the thought of how it would have appeared to any onlooker. Ha!

    ReplyDelete