Friday, August 6, 2010

Less is more

There are times when I want to fill my head with information, thoughts and ideas. I read the newspaper for information on the election campaign or to review a movie I may wish to see. I listen when people tell me of their adventures overseas or when someone explains to me how to do something and so on. I'm just a regular person who has to think and wants to think.

Sometimes, I am not a 'regular person' and I do not want to think. I relish my 'relaxation time' after pilates classes. In a matter of moments now I can be nothing; think nothing at all. I sometimes use visualization - perhaps a hole in the ground with the dirt that has been dug, right beside it in a pile.

I am freed by beautiful music, a melodious voice (and it doesn't have to sing, necessarily), or the beauty of an exquisite object.

My real experiences of being bound or wrapped are few, but I have found enormous freedom and peace in being wrapped in rope, in having my eyes covered, my mouth filled (and other holes too) and my feet and hands tightly secured.

I adore to be touched; to feel as if I am nothing more than an object that must stay still for the purposes of another. I often fall asleep at the dentist and sink into a wonderful state of bliss at that moment after a procedure when I am not quite awake or asleep.

It was a lovely gift, therefore, to be given a link to Alternative Mindsets where I now have the opportunity to learn about all sorts of ways one may feel that sort of freeing of the human mind - to feel that for a short time, one is a non-human entity.

Like all the web journals I read, I neither accept nor reject every last word or idea found there, but I do thoroughly enjoy this site and recommend it to you as a journal filled with fascinating ideas.

Of one thing I am entirely certain. When I am given the opportunity to feel less, I feel so very much more.

2 comments:

  1. Vesta,
    the web journal you have shared has certainly captured my attention. Thank you for sharing it.

    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodgirl: My pleasure.

    ReplyDelete