Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Again

She felt adrift. That old feeling of uncertainty and insecurity had returned to invade her mind and she knew what that was all about. She longed for his direction. She had no use for raised voices or an angry tone. She had no desire for trouble or strife.

But, she wanted his direction.

Sure.
Purposeful.
Intentional.

Not to be disobeyed.

No please. No thank you.

She just wanted to be told what to do.

Then, she could be feel light and bright again. Sustained by his energy. Replete.

Confident
Coquettish
Contained
Complete.

Make no mistake. She knew what to do. But, she needed him to tell her.

Again.
Again.
Again.

2 comments:

  1. "Make no mistake. She knew what to do. But, she needed him to tell her."

    That is a point of frustration for my Husband. He doesn't understand why he has to tell me over and over things I know I should be doing to keep myself in a submissive state of mind. But it just doesn't feel the same unless I'm told again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity: There is no explaining it in any logical way. I put it down to a desire for 'energy'. There is an interaction with your husband and this 'buoys' you - reminds you of your place. There is a restoration of the dynamic between you. I doubt you mean any harm. It is just the way things are.

    ReplyDelete