Monday, June 7, 2010

Our dynamic

With some reluctance we left our dear little Spanish abode and headed over the Pyrenees mountains. A submissive acting as a navigator for her Dominant is always a challenging situation but surprisingly, we found our way to the small village of our destination, requiring only the assistance of three French farmers to find our way within the village to the little hamlet. Many handshakes and kisses later, we wandered down the laneway leading to our Australian friends who had decided on a French country lifestyle.

Of course, we were given a tour of the farm and we sang the praises of all they had achieved. They have worked very hard and with such positive spirit to build a live for themselves on the other side of the world and they deserved every compliment we sent their way. A most convivial couple with a very colorful past, frankly they drank us under the table and we left for Paris with the notion of 'drying out'. I don't think we have drunk so much alcohol in our lives.

Their dynamic actually deserves comment on these pages. The husband is, in fact, ten years younger than his wife and whilst they are a very romantic couple, there is an element of mothering here. She looks after him wonderfully well, much as she might one of her boys, whilst at the same time referring to him as "the leader" and at other times, "the boss".

He'd mucked up the barbeque and in the end, she had to put the meat in a pan to get it cooked enough. When we finally ate at 11.30 pm (it's the french way?!) she was a little cheeky and he asked, "Caroline, do you want to have your bottom smacked?" "Yes, please. Yes, I do, I do."
Ah ha! I was amongst like minded people on some level.

Yet, it is a dynamic most unlike ours. He's very tender towards her and she's very caring of him but it is very much a 'live and let live' approach. My husband wouldn't tolerate all that 'advice' she gives him for a minute and I'd be referred to my "place" smartly if I gave all that direction. Yet , they get on marvellously well, each incredibly tolerant of the other. If I showed any sign of drinking large amounts of alcohol, I'd be given a directive to reduce my intake, but he just pours her another glass. It is something, to be honest, I don't understand, but there it is. Having said that, they are extremely connected and loving and it works brilliantly for them.

Having lived in close quarters with another couple for over four days, needless to say, when we reached our Paris apartment, we dropped our bags at the door and made love all afternoon. We went for a walk around Paris after dinner and my husband said,

"Can you believe it, cindi? We've been together officially for 30 years."

"Are you sick of me yet owner? Would you like a new girl?"

"Now where would I find another cindi?" he wanted to know.

Life without each other is something we don't wish to contemplate.

My husband has mentioned a number of ideas to celebrate our anniversary. If I understand correctly, and I will need to confirm, I was given permission to get nipple rings. I'm not entirely sure if that was a mad moment or not when he said that. He also said that if I wish, our first museum visit tomorrow could be to Musee de l'Erotisme. Yayayayay! Aren't wedding anniversaries fun?!

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 07, 2010

    I find it fascinating to watch other couples interact. Sometimes it's like a train wreck waiting to happen, others there is so much to admire and perhaps emulate. I suppose, in the end, there something to be learned from both. I hope you continue to have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!...and how was the visit to the museum? giggle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. GG: I find human relationships completely fascinating. I think, in some ways, it is the reason we are all here writing.

    Gracie: Thank you very much. Ah yes, the Museum...

    My task was to wear something and to go and see 'Mona Lisa' with the knowledge that only she and I knew about it. I got up very close this time and she smiled back at me in that knowing way of hers. It was a lovely kinky moment for me, as it was designed to be.

    ReplyDelete