Saturday, April 3, 2010

In gratitude

How can it be that she sits so still and feels so moved?
How can it be that she looks much the same but feels so different?
How can it be that she was once so agitated and now feels at peace?
How can it be that her mind worried the future and now dwells contentedly in the present?
How can it be that she feels comfortable in her skin when she recently felt disoriented?

How can it be that despite his absence she feels more connected to him?

She has transformed into the objekt of his desires: desiring, desirable; at peace; seeking more; wanting to be more.

She is less and she is in awe of that.
She is serene.
She is full of gratitude.

She is truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I read this earlier and was stunned. It is so... perfect. And conveys exactly what I had just written the sadist. I am at peace. Happy, secure, content, and at peace.

    Perfect.
    Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear OG: You brought a smile to my face, that's for sure. Every now and again, I get the desire to write a poem and to receive such praise as this made my head swell there for just a minute. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete