Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good Enough


What is in the past is done.
There is no need to hide the scars from me.
I accept your pain. I embrace your sadness and sorrows.
They are a part of you and I love your vulnerability too.

None of us is perfect. No- one is complete,
until we share thoughts that we try to hide from ourselves.
You are not perfect and neither am I.
But, you are good enough.

You are my light, my love; my partner in life.
Allow my acceptance to balance you and protect you
from all “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune”.
Together we are safe. Together we are good enough.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Your own work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vesta!!

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What was his response?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok it's poetry wars. Cop a load of this:

    Life is rough and death is tough
    But darlin' we are good enough

    Love is blind but you are kind
    Stripe my ass like bacon rind

    On the rug give me a hug
    While I squeeze upon my plug

    Take your role: apply control;
    Turn me into just a hole

    Mice have cheese and dogs have fleas
    Would you be my partner please?

    Fin

    Who says I can't be deep? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MrJ: Thank you very much.

    RollyMo: Definitely my own work. I am a bit too lazy for poetry really. I know it could be so much better if I just sat there and took some time with it. I wrote this in no more than ten minutes.

    lil: Thank you!

    Serenity: I sent him the link to the poem in an email and I got back an email saying that he had tears in his eyes, and thanking me. I know he appreciated the effort; for sure. But, the concept of "good enough" is one he struggles with, I think. It isn't so much that I think he is "good enough" but that *he* feels that he is not good enough unless he can achieve certain outcomes.

    RollyMo; Wow! It definitely has an 'earthy' sort of appeal... And, there is no "beating about the bush". The sentiments are clear. A very nice try.

    ReplyDelete