Friday, June 17, 2011

Set free: caged

The stress in our lives is bazaar, unreasonable and unrelenting and it is designed to be that way. The men on the other side are multi-millionaires; bully boys; nasty creeps. My husband who works from home at this time uses his intellect all day and all night to try to save all the shareholders from greed and underhand tactics; to outsmart their huge team of legal people, happy to sell their souls for huge fees.

Meantime, I feel myself unravelling at times; so desperate for this to be completed that I don't know what to do with myself to avoid imploding.

Some days I keep very busy, astounding myself at how happy I can still feel in the moment. Other days, like this afternoon I am not so lucky and I crave to be put in a cage with nothing to do; nowhere to go and nothing to think. I want the peace of a settled mind; a happy life; days without this pressure; bitterness; avarice and greed.

The girl can do nothing about this except endure it but cindi, without a worry in the world can let it all pass her by.

Now tell me honestly? Does not this cage in the photograph seem imminently more appealing?

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 17, 2011

    Between this cage and the rat race (a shroud
    has no pockets)it's easy to choose for a slave like you...
    Keep the light with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more appealing.
    i need that cage badly today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    This cage in the photograph is fantastic!!!

    Knowing your blog, enjoying it and following it.

    Take this opportunity to leave the address of my old blog, that my owner and me:

    www.tattourouge1.com

    and new blog,

    www.tattourouge2.com

    I invite her to visit me in the old and new space will be a pleasure to have you there.

    Kisses

    Tattourouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vesta,
    I have never posted my entries on another journal before; however, after reading your words I could not help but share thoughts I had not that long ago because they remind me of what you shared here.

    There are moments when I want the grown up, responsible, accountable for all actions and thoughts woman in me to disappear and to have only silence and all decisions made for me, to have quietness without worry.

    Always,
    ~a
    http://floozy.ca/2011/03/03/just-for-a-little-while/
    http://floozy.ca/2010/12/26/quieting-oneself/

    ReplyDelete
  5. enslaves: This struck me as such an affirmative comment of who I am and what I wish for. Thank you!

    nancy: We just translate the word "cage" differently to most other folks, I think. The opportunity to free the mind in a cage is the appeal, isn't it?!

    Tattourouge: Such a lovely compliment and thank you for the link which I am sure I will enjoy.

    goodgirl: We have spoken of silence before, haven't we and I know how comforting and appealing that is for you. The idea of centering and focusing through silence also holds enormous appeal for me. This is a certain sort of wiring, I think. (Did I ever mention my "wiring" theory...that we are all just wired in certain ways from birth?)and some of us hunger for a much quieter space more regularly than others. That's you. That's me.

    ReplyDelete