Friday, April 3, 2009

A little apartment down the road...

I’ve just finished the editing of a short story. I can’t sleep and I thought it might work to do some editing while it was perfectly quiet. It worked, and as I read through to the completion of the story, I gasped. Was it really August last year that I wrote that story? How much time had I wasted trying to get this series finished, to get back to editing them and polishing them, and hopefully get them out the door? Why was I being so tardy?

As I read through the story, adjusting it here and there tonight, I realized just how much of myself I had put into this series. (Yes, Janus, I know you are smiling and nodding!) Janus gave me this assignment to help me learn some lessons about being a submissive woman, as well as to give me a writing assignment that he knew I would enjoy. I think I did learn many lessons in writing the series, and as well, I got to be my heroine. I became her and she became me in so many, many ways.

So, who is my heroine? Well, she is definitely no pushover. Like me, she is strong and capable, loving and loved. She adores her man and she relishes time alone with him. She wants to be a good girl, but she fails repeatedly. She hates to be corrected (at the time, although the thought is always appealing), not being a masochist (hardly) at all. But once she is corrected, she feels redeemed, happy, and she makes yet another attempt to be the perfect woman she aspires to be. Her choice of words and her inability to hold back from saying what is on her mind, gets her into far more trouble than any of her actions, although she is naughty (okay, she is bad) in her behaviours sometimes, too. She is deeply aroused by her submission and she can’t imagine life without her strict man. She would make chopped liver out of a man who was not dominant, and she knows this much about herself. She knows she needs to be dominated.

Who is her man? He’s a little older, wiser, and more stable. He’s a sadist, to be sure. But, he is also a man who cares very deeply for her. This relationship has come late in the day for him. He played the field before my heroine came along, and now he is experiencing the joy of living all his days with a woman he loves deeply and who compliments his needs. He is challenged by her and in return he challenges her. He is creative in his methods to correct her and it is his gravitas that has brought her to him. He wears the pants.

It’s a fairy tale, really, isn’t it? It is the way so many of us would like our lives to be: erotically charged, yet blissful and content; never dull. Recently, I said to my husband, “Wouldn’t it be lovely to have an apartment to go to, just the two of us.”

“Where,” he asked? “Where would the apartment be?”

“Right here. Just a mile or so away.”

He smiled at the silliness of it. But, wouldn’t it be divine? To leave the family home sometimes and slip away to a little one bedroom place where you could do what you want, when you want, how you want?

I adore my family. If you have read here, you know that. They are divine children I have and a joy to behold. But, a little apartment down the road, with a cupboard for implements, and a little whipping bench with restraints built in. It doesn’t sound half bad, eh? (She giggles.....)

1 comment:

  1. funny my girl and I have talked about this many times we have even picked out the building. Alas the two houses we have now a more than enough.

    ReplyDelete