Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dress code dilemma

I’ve been giving thought to a suitable dress code for a submissive woman. I’ve wondered, can a submissive woman have too many shoes, too many shirts, too many dresses? Should her choices be pruned down? I thought to make an inventory of my wardrobe. What’s behind those doors, anyway?

My husband has often said that one of the aspects of me that he was attracted to was my interest in clothes. His mother always appreciated well made clothing, and he liked the fact that I did, too. I’m not really a girl who looks to buy the latest trendy items. I’ve tended towards being an ‘investment’ shopper. Since I love well made garments and quality materials, I’ve been much more inclined to purchase items for my wardrobe in the sales.

I have the highest regard for the dominant man who heads into stores to buy his girl her clothes. I admit that I am jealous. What girl would not love the fact that a man chooses her clothes for her, and that she wears his choices? Well, I suppose that is too much of a generalization. Some girls might hate that idea. Not me! I remember Elizabeth’s man in ‘Nine and half weeks’ choosing clothing in a store for her.

“Don’t you want to know if *I* like it?” she asked.

He simply shook his head. She still had so much to learn!

That said, my husband would struggle to find the bargains that I can find. I go to a store a few suburbs away, maybe twice a year, to search their markdowns rack. Everything in the store is from France and I have found wonderful things there. A beautiful, classic three-quarter brown woollen jacket was purchased for $99 when its real value was several hundred dollars. I bought it five years ago but it looks as good as the day I bought it.

There is a store not far from me, in a posh suburb, that heavily reduces their knits at the end of the season. For $150 I bought a black alpaca poncho style knit that looks great with black pants. Its real price was $600. In fact, I can’t recall paying full price for anything for years, because I couldn’t afford to pay full price for the clothes that appeal to me. So, if my husband were to buy my clothes, where would he go and what would he buy? He has an eye for a beautiful garment himself but not a nose for a bargain; so really, I am saving him a fortune! You do see that, readers don’t you?

As a submissive girl, I understand the need to look feminine, and I have no objection to dresses and skirts. I am rarely in pants in the summer by choice, in any case. The winter is more challenging, and I admit, I do tend to wear my fair share of pants. Perhaps, that is not good enough for a submissive girl like me. I need to think about that.

Well, let’s see. If I had a couple of pairs of really comfortable boots, I could wear woollen skirts much more often this winter. But, I am short of really, really comfortable boots, as a matter of fact.

Now, originally, the idea was to sift through my wardrobe. A submissive girl is not a spoilt girl, after all. But, it is also true that a submissive girl should look as feminine as she possibly can.

Fortunately, there is a solution; two new pairs of very, very comfortable boots. You see sometimes a girl has to actually ADD to her wardrobe in order to prune down her wardrobe.

I knew you would understand.

2 comments:

  1. ah the clothing dilemma one of the first things I addressed when we went down this path. First off I do buy much of her wardrobe and often without her present (I shop when I travel)but I do love when she is there.

    Bargain shopping is a learned skill the more you do it the better you get. I will admit however to not being that good at it. I simply don't care my time is worth more to me than money I could save with a little more effort.

    I too prefer dresses and skirts on my girl but it is a practical reality of living somewhere where January's day time high is minus 25 that she wears pants. To this day I never think her ass looks better than in a good pair of jeans.

    In the end that she is well dressed and feminine are the only goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir J

    I've a little confession to make. I adore the notion of my man choosing my clothes. And, something brought back from overseas is always exciting. But, I *am* fussy. I hate waste and if he brought back something that didn't work out, that would be a dilemma I would feel compelled to resolve.

    As much as the notion appeals to me, it is also exciting for me to put together an outfit I know he will love, and then enjoy his praise.

    ReplyDelete