Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Affectionately

You created a blank page on which I could write my deepest and most sacred thoughts.
You are responsible for crafting these cherished moments by permitting me to experience my own desires.
You are the witness to my state of satisfaction and bliss,
having insisted that I do what I most want.

Aren't you the clever one!
Granting wishes, gifting me your generosity;
Demanding  that I grow and learn in the name of sadism,
when all along it was the work of a fine magician.

Somewhere deep inside I always knew that,
But pennies drop randomly,
And today I saw what I had not completely before;
a very fine connection, not without affection.

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have quite a way with words.
    "...the work of a fine magician " especially struck me as perfect.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sir J, dancingbarez, lil and nancy for your kind words. I really like trying to express something in just a few words even though I feel I know so little about poetry.

    ReplyDelete