Thursday, January 13, 2011

To better days

Some readers may know that Australia is facing the devastating consequences of severe floods. This is a time of huge sorrow for my country; of pulling together to help those in need and of just getting through a very tough time. I imagine it has some similarity to when there was a devastating event in New York City or in New Orleans and people put their best foot forward and helped out wherever they could. Catastrophic events often bring out the best in us.

For me personally, the floods have prompted an understanding of what I hold dear. A nurturer by nature, it is my natural impulse to give care to others and as a woman who is also submissive by nature, I look to receive care. I am more than my sexuality. I am a woman who values more than anything, honest and fulfilling relationships; friendship; getting to know another person at the soul level; treating people with respect; being kind. This is where I get complete sustenance. I need freedom to express myself for all that I am.

At this time, my thoughts are with other Australians who have lost everything. Kinky thoughts seem highly inappropriate right now to my mind. Instead, I offer my positive spirit that there will be better days ahead and that together, we will rebuild shattered lives.

6 comments:

  1. I've been reading and watching the video and the hardship and pain of the people is almost unbearable. It must be difficult for you to cope with. Our hearts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vesta,

    The goodness that pours out of people during times like these is overwhelming. My thoughts and prayers are very much with the people of your country.

    Love,
    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Brisbane a couple of years ago and had a fantastic time, met some wonderful people, saw some beautiful things and my heart goes out to the people that have lost so much. It is heartwarming to see the spirit of the Queenslanders

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your country.

    love,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being woefully uninformed about Australian geography, I have been concerned about several of my on-line friends from your country. I am glad you are safe and dry, and am hoping the best for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawk: Thank you for your kind words. It is indescribably sad for so many thousands of people. Babies and young children have been taken out of their mothers' arms by the waters. Reading the newspaper is very hard right now.

    Serenity: So kind; thank you! There have been many stories of selflessness.

    hidden slave: I discovered Brisbane a few months ago and its charms were evident to me, too. I am sure they will rebuild asap and things will return to normal eventually. I have been amazed at the warmth and solidarity of the vast number of Queenslanders. They are definitely made of true grit.

    aisha: I very much appreciate your kind words.

    Advizor54: I understand the dilemma. I contacted a sibling who is just down the road and he is safe and well on higher ground. Hopefully, your friends will be able to assure you they are all right in good time.

    ReplyDelete