Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sizzle, sizzle

I think I am really testing David's patience lately as he waits for me to write the latest scene from Agnes' point of view. Being the 'good guy' that he is, he knows that I have to get certain things out of my system first. Sometimes, life creeps up on you and reveals things to you and you have no alternative but to stop and just absorb it for a while. Yet today, I feel so floaty and happy and able and content that I just have to write here how very happy I feel!

In the last post, Oatmeal Girl made the following comment: "Need, obsession, inspiration, service... we seem to be on opposite sides of the seesaw, but without both of us it will not move and we will not reach the heights." It didn't pass Shape Shifter by either that this was a particularly poignant statement.

Need, obsession, inspiration and service are words that all have great meaning and impact in my life. My needs are just that; not wants alone but very much needs. I certainly obsess. You don't write more than 450 posts about all this and not have an obsession.

I am fortunate to receive abundant inspiration and may I humbly suggest, that I would not receive that inspiration if I did not myself inspire.

And, I serve. I do indeed serve, with good grace and dignity and pleasure.

Today is one of those days that I can tick off as a thrilling success! Just this once you don't really need the details, do you? Let's just say, I'm sizzling like only good dolls do! Can we leave it at that? And now, I can do some writing.

3 comments:

  1. A poignant statement? That's an interesting choice of words. Can you elaborate?

    I did have a certain intensity of emotion behind it, that much is true. It comes from my accumulation of discoveries about what lurks inside the sadist as he allows me these little peeks... I'm not even sure how many are deliberate. The lesson, at least, was planned. And it's a good one. Still, there is a closeness which scares me at times.

    As for you... I am SO glad you are feeling all floaty and happy!! Isn't is a wonderful state to be in?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the next installment of the story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OG: I was using the definition of poignant: "neat, skilful and to the point". The imagery of a see saw is probably the best one I have heard as it pertains to a D/s relationship. You sit on either side. You have an equality about you - you both have the same seat. One has to push off and that sends the other in motion and then when the other is ready he pushes down and gives the other the ride. In amongst that, you meet in the middle, sometimes not entirely sure which way the see saw will go, given the power of the other. I really love the analogy.

    You sorta guessed at my floatiness, you clever l'il thing, you! I was let in on a secret. Mind you, I had to work for it and more or less work it out for myself, but it *was* confirmed...A committed and thoughtful dominant may very well have a well thought out plan which evolves over a long, even very long period of time. It is only looking back that the submissive can be certain that amongst all those various emotions - the uncertainty, the doubt, the confusion, the anger, the disappointment - that she was being carefully cared for every step of the way. This is a piece of magic; a priceless gift. Does this answer any of your questions about the sadist?

    William: I don't have another part of the story planned actually. This one I am keeping for myself.

    ReplyDelete