Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grounded

Life has a way of bringing you down to ground fast. There was a twelve hour turn around between my husband collecting me from the airport and the taxi driver knocking on the door to whisk my husband away back to the airport and out of my arms. It is only 6 am and technically I could sleep for another hour before I wake my son for the first day of a new school term, but jet lag suggested that writing, plopped up on pillows in bed might be a better way to spend the time.

Twenty four hours of sitting in a plane (and we honestly did do that due to issues with flights) has a way of insisting that you submit - submit to the fact that if you want to live in Australia and travel to the UK or the US, you have to sit tight and accept the restrictions.

This time, not only was I submitting to the geography of the world, but I was returning home after nearly three weeks of doing exactly as I pleased. It was I who decided what to do with my day, how to do it, what to spend money on, where to go and how to get there. I basked in the luxury of being responsible for no-one but myself. If I wanted to walk in Kensington Gardens at first light and eat Eggs Royale and drink jasmine tea at the Serpentine Restaurant watching London wake up, then that is exactly what I did.

It didn't take long for my husband to set me straight when I returned home.

"You're not used to having a dominant around, are you?"

"Not at all," I replied, cheekily.

"Then, let's start as we mean to go on, shall we? Bend over the bed and I'll fetch the cane."

"But, I don't like the cane."

"That's why you must have it."

After that, he yoosd his girl and suddenly it all came flooding back - the value of being an owned girl and having a dominant in one's life. Eggs Royale was delicious but if I had to choose between this or that, I confess I'll take this. Simply delish!

6 comments:

  1. Delish. Yeahhhhhh. When you are the one holding it in your hand, that is. Hope it really hurt and made you feel right! Amazing what a few well-positioned welts can do for the feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely welcome home for you Vesta ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got such a warm welcome home!

    It was so lovely to see you in the UK: it meant a great deal to Haron and me to finally get to meet up with you in person, and to find (not at all to our surprise) that you're just as delightful in real life as you are online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malcolm: So you prefer giving than receiving? That's generous.

    shape shifter: I am sorry that I didn't make it to your part of the world because I am sure we would have had a blast! However, there will be another opportunity, I am sure.

    abel: A comment! I am honoured.

    Seriously, I loved meeting with you and Haron as well as some of your friends and I thank you most sincerely for your kind hospitality. Meeting with you made my trip to London all the more special. Gosh, but I had a great time. I just adored London.

    But, I feel a case of naughty comments coming on again with regard to your blog.I do hope you don't mind. A technical difficulty last week prevented me from leaving a comment about you speaking in the third person. You do know that only dollies speak in the third person, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got home safely and had such a good time in London. And it so good to hear that your welcome home worked so well.
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HS: It is so very kind of you to leave this message. I am so heartened at such kind gestures. I am a lucky girl to have the focus of my husband over these rather tough past few days. We can't get enough of one another.

    ReplyDelete