Monday, March 15, 2010

Energy

At week's end, I experienced a weariness that could be fought no longer, and advising the boys of food in the refrigerator should I fall asleep, I took off my clothes and climbed under the covers. At 8.30 pm I began to wake but was very groggy. My husband was by my side; now kissing me; now telling me he would be right back. He soon returned with an omelet and a strong cup of tea; perfect.

One of the best things about a good marriage, or any meaningful union between two people is that it is life affirming. No one set back up, argument or period of neglect can cause it irreparable harm. It is the coming together of two souls and it endures, so long as it is tended, forever.

In recent weeks, I felt the absence of my husband, acutely. He has been in and out and we have been to events together, but my soul and my body were hungry for him; for the life force that he is and for the succor he provides me. Without him to nourish me, I became listless and very sleepy; as if I had not enough oxygen to breathe adequately or energy to get through a day.

On Friday afternoon, unlike me, I had sent him a link to my last post and on Friday evening he began the task of healing me. Dinner on a tray propped up on pillows was just the beginning. On the Saturday, he allowed me to vent. All the emotions I had been holding in to enable him to get on with his ventures were released and he patiently listened, whilst reminding me of the realities of the situation.

On Saturday evening, at a concert, the music of two sensational guitarists allowed my mind to soar to that higher realm where only divine music can take you. On Sunday morning, the two of us walked our two puppies and we shared a light, healthy breakfast out. We had not done this for ages and it was lovely to be back to being light hearted and revelling in one another's conversation on a warm weekend morning.

Sunday afternoon found us in the exquisite garden of dear friends eating sensational food and enjoying the company of their guests. I gathered oodles of information about Italy that really had me panting to visit. By Sunday evening, I had returned to my bed again, but totally happily and reinvigorated. It was what I needed; the indulgence of a lovely weekend with my husband.

Sprinkled amongst these events was lovemaking; sometimes fast and sometimes slow, but always profound. We were providing one another with an energy that is only found when two hearts come together and become one.

My weekend is over now and as I sit here this Monday morning, I find my puppies adorable, the sun sitting in the sky just right; my life, not perfect, but complete. This, he gave to me.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this weekend was as healing as it was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strong love and affection for each other that manifests itself first of all in friendship and caring, but then she soars in her submission and he relishes in his dominance, and then they are both up on the wave and riding with each other, getting that energy from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :-D

    spirited

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, and a very nice story. Now you know how to get his attention;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, good news! i'm happy for you! Now, about this energy thing, can you e-mail me some? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful

    ReplyDelete